User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RX8 box to Zetec problem

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

RX8 box to Zetec problem

So i am all out of ideas now with this effing thing,i have a Blacktop 2.0l with a Retroford 1.8 flywheel bought one of freddys adaptor plates and got a nice little
    Rx8 box sorted.
    Fitted this up with a pinto clutch (to fit the fly) and an early Mazda release bearing using a .625 Master cylinder with the Mazda slave (19mm) and used the small extension
    supplied on the slave.
    Started up, dipped the clutch and got a screeching/ grinding noise on dipping the clutch, bugger.

Took it all out and could not see any marks on the clutch plates other than where the release bearing sits on the diaphragm wrong clutch thinks i, so spoke to a mate thats done it and he used a Mondeo 1.8 clutch, so bought one of them and stuck that in, also removed the extender piece from the slave in case there was too much throw.

Put it all back in...and its just the same, sh*t..So maybe its the release bearing as on the late one the whole thing spins, whereas on the early one only the centre spins and maybe the diaphragm is hitting the solid metal outer ring.

Took it all out, insert later release bearing, put it all back together...once again, just the same

Ok so maybe there is too much throw out with the master cylinder (Mazda uses .625) so if i fit a .75 master to match the .75 slave i should get half the travel over the .625...
    nope still the same , just a bloody heavy pedal.

Has anyone here done this conversion and can point out where i am going wrong, any ideas welcome, cos im fresh out

cheers Paul

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Re: RX8 box to Zetec problem

Replied on 105speed.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Hi i have the exact same problem to this could you tell me if you ever found a fix for it many thanks richard

World Champion Decade Plus User alladdin's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

i would guess its a mismatch between release fingers and bearing - fingers touching the part of bearing that doesnt spin ?

+ Reply to Thread