User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thunderbike

Thanks

Thunderbike

Here's a couple of pics now its painted.
    First meeting at Snett went very well, won 3 out of 4 races, first by 13 secs and the next by 6 and lapped up to 8th place

Last race however it started to drizzle whilst in the holding area, went for it on the sighting lap as I had a new rear on, first three corners ok, but the exit to the esses was very greasy, I had slowed down, but it still came round and bit me.
    I landed on my shoulder damaging the ligaments, been struggling all week in a sling after 3days of no-one really knowing what I had done, be it a break or dislocation in my shoulder.

Next meeting at Mallory, Sunday and Monday May Bank-holiday, 3 weeks time

http://www.visordown.com/forums/atta...0&d=1143496978

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Re: Thunderbike

Only won 3 out of 4,could you try a bit harder next time please

Well done M8

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Any results from Mallory?
    What bhp is the SV making?

Thanks

Mallory's 30april/may 1st, next weekend, will let you know how I get on

It makes 85hp but should be up around 90hp soon, Not bad considering it made 64hp std and I did it all myself

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Sorry m8 i thought it was on easter bank hoilday

Fookin good BHP for the 650 V twin

Thanks

Had a good weekend at Mallory, More of a damage limitation after the dnf at Snett.
    First race I led up until the last lap where I was passed in to the bus-stop, tried to get back past but was struggling with my shoulder so settled for second.
    The next I got away again and led for a couple of laps, then got passed in to the hairpin, the next 7 laps were spent passing each other every corner, starting to get a bit messy and on the last lap he almost went straight on at edwinas, but managed to turn late, leaving me heading for his fairing, we both then missed a gear and ended up going in to the hairpin elbow to elbow, back wheels waving in the air, I let him through as points were more important.

Race 1 monday it was dry until we were out on the sighting lap, then it started to spit, I got away at the front and after a couple of laps the circuit was very unpredictable, full speed in to gerrards and puddles in to the hairpin.
    I started to get some serious slides front and rear, but had about a 6 sec lead so eased off, by this time my main rival had fallen off (4 point gap after sunday) and 1 lap from the end I was passed through the esses by someone I'd not seen before, but he was not in the championship so no need to chase him.

Second race was wet and I led from the start, up to an 8 second gap to second, at 1 lap from last I saw +6 on the pitboard, but prefered +8 so wound it on a bit and in the results the gap was +8.4 and my fastest lap being the last one

Best of all my main rival lobbed it in both races monday, leaving me 49 points clear of second place

Next outing is Brands in two weeks (12/13 May)
    Anyones welcome if they're about, let me know

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Fook me it just gets better.Well done

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

You dont do bad for bloke on a shoping trolley....

Seriously its a good series the minitwins as a whole not just this new thunderbike series. Lets hope a few more different bikes get out there and not just the overspill from the MT class........

Regards Finski

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whosyerdaddy
    You dont do bad for bloke on a shoping trolley....

Seriously its a good series the minitwins as a whole not just this new thunderbike series. Lets hope a few more different bikes get out there and not just the overspill from the MT class........

Regards Finski
    The class is picking up, with a few extra's at Brands in amongst the Minitwin/400 refugees.
    It looks like James Wainright is doing the rest of the season (silver 400 that mugged me on the last lap 3 races at brands ) So the pace should get hotter

+ Reply to Thread