User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zetec R1 carbs help!

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Zetec R1 carbs help!

Hi guys,

I have a 2.0 zetec with R1 carbs running on Nodiz. I have the R1 pump mounted next to fuel tank. I also have a low pressure facet pump in the engine bay feeding a pressure regulator. I've set this to feed 2psi to carbs...
    The main jets have been drilled out to 1.8mm.
    My mechanic has had it for a week now and is none the wiser to set it up 😦
    The CO will not go above 0.80%. It coughs and splutters badly until you give it some revs but still runs very low CO levels.
    Any one got any ideas or a place near Hampshire I could take it to get running properly?

Thanks in advance.

Mechanic

Thanks

Re: Zetec R1 carbs help!

Only people I know is Bogg brothers in east Yorkshire and motorscope in Northallerton, both very good, u may have to travel abit but maybe not this far north,

When mine where 1st done the cough and spluttered very badley under 4K turned out there weren't jetted or set right, but went like A rocket when on cam.

Lots Of variants in bike carbs, far more tuning cababiltiy than dcoe's but harder to get right but rewarding when it it is.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Like you i'm running R1 carbs on a 2.0 blacktop. My first thought is get rid of the regulator etc. The R1 pump is designed to run with the carbs as is. Mine is also boot mounted (they say it's better closer to the carbs) but I have never had a problem. Just run with the pump then a fuel line to the carbs nothing else. I also have the jets drilled to 1.8mm. what position do youhave the needles in? Let me know ow you get on. FYI Megajolt on mine revs out fine and runs perfectly. Try balancing the carbs as well. using something like one of these
    http://www.fastroadcars.co.uk/shop/i...s/Balancer.jpg

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Thanks chaps. Going to remove everything and just run with the R1 pump alone.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Got it running very well now on just the R1 carbs and R1 pump only. Cheers guys.��

+ Reply to Thread