User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ford Fiesta ST Rally Build

Thanks

Re: Ford Fiesta ST Rally Build

Finally managed to spend some time on the car over the weekend. Steering arm now replaced and all is well again. A quick spin down the road just to confirm everything was straight and job done. It will have a proper deep clean in the next week or so now and a spanner check ahead of the WWRS Jaffa stages at Pembrey on the 30th and we'll be hoping for an enjoyable trouble free day.

Thanks

We started at car 29 on the WWRS Jaffa Stages on the 30th of December. Conditions were very tricky with not much grip and lots of standing water. Added to that we are using a standard gearbox with no LSD we knew we would struggle for pace.
    SS1 was taken cautiously to suss out the conditions and it left us down in 41st position and 10th in our class. SS2 we upped the pace a little and climbed 10 places one stage to reach 31st and 6th in our class. I was getting more confident and set my self a target of top 20 overall and try and crack the top 3 in our class.
    Unfortunately it all went a bit wrong on SS3 where a little too much speed through a rough section saw us puncture the front right tyre, I didnt notice until attempting to slow and turn for a tight right hand corner where the car didnt want to do what I wanted it to do. All I could do was grab the handbrake and attempt to turn it in but we ran out of road, hit a kerb and bent something on the rear. Hoping its just a stub axle but could well need a new rear beam. A strip down will start in the next week or so.
    The car was crying out for a LSD in the slippy conditions so the plan is to source one sooner than intended.
    Here is some incar form SS2 which give a good indication of the conditions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR1u9delCw8

Thanks

Just a couple of images from the last rally. Due to spectator safety, the movement of speccys is very restricted so we have lost some of the more picturesque photos that we used to get from other locations within the venue.

Thanks

New rear beam has been fitted, I also collected a front bumper over the weekend which will get prepped for paint this weekend coming now so the car will be all re prepped and ready to go again by the end of February. Not sure on what event will be next as we are still deciding what to do.

+ Reply to Thread