User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kaaz LSD oil

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Kaaz LSD oil

I have been trying for some time now to get some Kaaz 80/90 LSD oil, I finally bought some from Htune, paid for it and was given a delivery date and now a week after buying it I have been sent a refund with no explanation. I found that Demon tweeks stock it but want £15 postage to the Isle of Man, it is only 2 litres that I am after. Does anyone know who else stocks Kaaz oil?

Racer Decade Plus User Forest_rallying's Avatar

Thanks

Re: Kaaz LSD oil

Why not try using Castrol B373 LSD oil if it's for a plated diff, it's one of the best mineral oils you can buy for that application. Maybe someone will stock it on the Island.

Bodger

Thanks

the motorbike shop in douglas will stock that as essentially its motorbike gear oil due to wet plated clutchs

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

I did think of using Castrol stuff but I'd rather use the Kaaz stuff for peace of mind, call me paranoid but just want it right if that makes sense.

I'll give Road and Track in Douglas a call to see if they stock it but with it being LSD oil I would think it would be a bit of a long shot to be honest.

Thanks

As david fox says B373 is used in plated clutch Moterbike gearboxes too,so your motorcycle shop should have it if they are Castrol stockists.

Kaaz are not oil blenders so they don't make oils, that's left to the major oil companies. If you do your research you'll find out that Castrol B373 will be more than up to the job. I have used it for over 40 yrs and never had a problem with it.

If you are n't happy with the above you'll have to dig deep into your pocket and pay the £15.00 carriage on the oil packaged for Kaaz.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Well I have bit the bullet and bought from Demon Tweeks, I tried though another company but they want £25 plus vat.
    It's funny living here on the island, people think we don't pay VAT which unfortunately we do like the rest of the U.K and you get lots of 'O' postage is going to be expensive to the Isle of Man. Then I usually tell them to send using Royal mail as it is the same cost as posting within England.
    I bought a small flashing LED light in the early 90's from a company called Roadrunner which was sent in an envelope and postage wasn't mentioned when I was paying, when the LED arrived they had charged £25 postage because we were on the I.O.M . I called them up and said WTF ! LED was £4.25 and your charging £25 post so I asked for a refund and the guy said tuff! So I said I would never buy anything from them again and the said fine. Not good business sense .

Thanks

If that's the Roadrunner of Nottingham you are meaning then you are lucky that he only said Tuff, he normally hurtles abuse down the phone to anyone that complains and then hangs up.
    I am glad you are sorted with the oil.

+ Reply to Thread