User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broken nose ...

Pit Crew Decade Plus User Antony_James's Avatar

Thanks

Broken nose ...

Just wondering how much it hurts when they put your nose back when you go the hospital,,,

I got in to a fight last tuesday and got an A1 butt to the nose, it split all the bridge of my nose and managed to dislodge the cartlidge at the top, i went down the Ozzy after it didnt stop bleeding for over hour, and asked wether they cud put it back, but they sed they had to wait for the swelling to go down, so i got booked in for them to re-position it tomorow, they sed in the 1st couple of hours the cartlidge is too soft but between 7 and 14 days the bone is known as sticky, and can be put back,,,

But the more poeple i talk to about it the more they say that when the Quacks put it back tomorow, my eyes are gonna go even blacker (like a panda) and that it will hurt emensly haha... i mean am already having problems washing, blowing my nose, picking it and other such nose related pass times haha

Has anyone ever had this done before, or had their nose broke... I mean i have bin walkin round with a woppin black eye for a week, i dont fancy the both of the goin black
    http://www.turbosport.co.uk/signaturepics/sigpic3285_4.gif

Racer Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Moderator

Thanks

Re: Broken nose ...

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthre...ht=BROKEN+NOSE

Have a look here mate.

That was an elbow which did that. It's hard to believe that anything (childbirth or getting your foreskin stuck in your metal zipper, aside) hurts as much as a clout in the nose. Mine was broke from the corner of my eye socket, but it didn't really bend that much... It just got bigger! The doc moved it around a bit and asked "are you planning on doing any modelling?" I said something along the lines of "yeah, ski masks maybe" So they didn't bother taking too much care... It's all about how arsed you are about your looks!

I knew mine was gonna get broke again, so I wasn't going to waste time having an op.

You're in for a couple of black eyes though! That picture of me was taken just 24 hrs after. The bruising started to come out after about 4-5 days, and was very black indeed - both eyes.

Chin up mate, just stay out of trouble for a while, because the next time it gets twatted, it hurts twice as bad!

Good luck
    Tom

World Champion Decade Plus User Scouse's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Anthony,

Where did this happen...............Liverpool?
    it's just that i was working in the city centre 2 weekends ago (the Saturday) at 2am. Was in Wood St. and this guy's face was, well let's just say, in a very bad way! He was jumped by two lads when he came out a night club and they kicked the sh*t out of him for no reason......apparently!
    His mates caught the lad who did it and...................jumped on his head, no lie! I seen this guy being carried by another lad and he couldn't use his legs, His face was a mess too! Did stop to see if I could call him an ambulance and got the obligatory "Fuck-off". That's why we can't work in city centre on our won at that time in the morning!

Oh, and there was some fan*y out there too!!

Hope it don't hurt too much, but it probably will!!

Scouse.
    Last edited by Scouse; 09-05-2006 at 19:18.

Thanks

Hahaha Ski goggles,,,

I know i was like ( ah well its not that bad is it ) the next day ,,, but about 4 days down the line it looked worse than ever, its been a week now an its starting to turn that greeny yellow colour, me cheeks an that were ok it was just the top by the bridge it was pushed right over, its a bit tricky though cos i suffer really really bad with sinusitus, and chronic sinusitus, so am on antibiotics and everything cos it started to flair up cos i cudnt breathe through me nose at all...

This is the first time i have had it broke, does that mean it will break easier in the future, an does it really hurt more second go round haha

Thanks

Scouse ...

No it didnt,,, i was down south with work,,, Am from liverpool, in bootle, so i wouldnt of even minded it being on home turf, but i got it in High Wicombe haha, had to carry on work down there till we came home,,,

Does hurt though,,, i mean its eased off loads, but the 1st couple of days feels like u have john prescot sat on your face haha

Thanks

Us students dont venture out much round Liverpool at weekends, it can get pretty rough (like any city really)

Go out during the week mostly its a cracking night out and I always feel safe.
    - Lee

Thanks

I hope you get on the mend quickly too mate
    - Lee

Thanks

Cheers mate,

I must admit, i have gone to liverpool town ever satdee for the last couple of years, but i much more enjoy the week nights,,, satdee's are full of bellends, people who only go to town cos its the dun thing of a satdee, spillin there ale all over you an steping all over your shoes, cant be doin with it...

I like the wednesdays and that, when its quiet, cos u can still find places that are heaving, but they people are far more pleasent to be around

World Champion Decade Plus User Scouse's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Weekdays!

Some of us have to work for a living!! I start work at 4am.............when you're still tucked up in bed! And there's a better class of "bird" out on a Saturday!!

Scouse.

P.S. I work around Bootle too, mostly on a Thursday................rough as arseholes!!

Thanks

Where do u go during the week? I Dont go round Mathew street, its a bit expensive. Just stay around concert square. Mainly.
    - Lee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse
    Weekdays!

Some of us have to work for a living!! I start work at 4am.............when you're still tucked up in bed! And there's a better class of "bird" out on a Saturday!!

Scouse.

P.S. I work around Bootle too, mostly on a Thursday................rough as arseholes!!
    I only go out on the week days if am working local and dont have to go on the motorways the next morning, Bootle of a thursday is good, Use to be amazing, the Merton, Sullies, Lyods an that, had my arse wupped many a times round there haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee S
    Where do u go during the week? I Dont go round Mathew street, its a bit expensive. Just stay around concert square. Mainly.
    Same here mate, mainly just do the big ones in concert square, lyods, walkabout and the reflex haha, if i do venture down matty street though i like the cavern and flares ( have u got on to the fact that the flares on matty street ALWAYS stinks of sick no matter ow early u get there haha )

What uni are u in ,,, JM ???
    Last edited by Antony_James; 09-05-2006 at 20:10.

Thanks

My little brother bust my nose years ago out in Spain, again it was a head butt in a swimming pool - funny how it happens where it can make most mess.

If I wiggle my nose about a bit to loosen it up, I can take the lower part of my nose and bend it left so it touches my cheekbone, but it won't bend right at all - AFAIK it never actually "sets" properly as the cartiliage doesn't grow back together properly.

Mine barely hurt then (although got a pair of shiners and left blood trails all round) and when it was put back into the middle of my face it didn't hurt much too.

Thats either down to the way the person put it back or the large amounts of Spanish brandy I drank?

Thanks

Haha classic,,, spillin gallons of blood into the pool,

haha all the little kids jumpin out borking an that lol

Thats moody

Pit Crew Decade Plus User

Thanks

Broke mine twice playing rugby first time hurt like hell to reset but only lasted a few seconds,second time had a female doctor much softer and wasnt to bad black eyes on both occasions it still doesnt feel quite right dont expect it would take much to break again.

Thanks

Ah reflex, had many a good times in there! I bet you have been on that poles too

This is me clutching my stomach with beer all over me after one of the people on the pole swang round it and kicked me in the stomach as they flew past: Took the wind right out of my sails!

Im at the University of Liverpool, not John Moores
    - Lee

Racer Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Moderator

Thanks

No mate, you pissed your pants. Get over it.

The cartledge in your nose never mends properly... Or so I'm told. It will always be a bit crunchy.

The bone, on the other hand, gets tougher when it mends! That's why crazy martial artists break their fingers and toes on purpose, because they end up stronger when they heal... (Don't fancy the athritis much myself)

Mine bleeds with just a gentle tap now, the doctor wants to stick a soldering iron up my nose to melt the blood vessels.... (the process has got a proper name, but i can't remember. And its a bit more complex than a soldering iron, but you get the picture) You can guess my reply to that. Will stick to mopping up the blood!

Thanks

That proccess is called cauterization, I used to get random nosebleeds and the doctor sugested it. When he said he was going to poke an iron up my nose I decided to take my chances. Havent had one in ages now....
    - Lee

Way too much free time Decade Plus User Retromotorsport's Avatar
    My Race Car
    Thanks

Fossie break open a bullit... snort the powder and then light it.... yeah i watched rambo the other day

+ Reply to Thread