User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duratec Alternator Kit fitting

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Duratec Alternator Kit fitting

Hi all,

In the process of fitting the Retroford alternator kit and going ok but had two questions which I hope you guys can answer.

1) When fitting the belt, is there a knack to getting it on? The picture below is with it on but I think the top pulley should be in the top hole of the provided bracket - but when it is positioned there I can't get the belt on - I'm wondering if I need to do something with the tensioner?

Click image for larger version Name:	ts_alt_duratec.jpg Views:	87 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	78871

2) for the new pulleys, whats the proper assembly order, washers etc - I can sort of see the way they work but most ways I try tightens up the pulley rather than sitting on the bearing like I thought they would - I'm pretty green to all this and feeling my way through so any pointers greatfully received. Picture of the parts below
    Click image for larger version Name:	ts_alt_pulleys.jpg Views:	83 Size:	132.4 KB ID:	78872

Cheers,
    Gareth

Thanks

Duratec Alternator Kit fitting

I would call Dave at retro ford mate, he will ofcourse give you the best answers.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Re: Duratec Alternator Kit fitting

Yep agree and I prefer to call but with the timezones over here its not always the most convienent! Anyhow, just had to work out how the tensioner worked (cranked it clockwise by its bolt for the newbies like me out there) and that fixed that problem.

I'll go back to Dave but at the moment I have the pulleys with the shaped grey insert at the back and spaced out from the block with one of those larger washers in the second picture, seems ok but I should confirm.

Cheers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nathanblaise For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread