User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audi C5 RS6 Avant 2003

Bodger

Thanks

Audi C5 RS6 Avant 2003

Hi all,

I've thought on this long and hard, and as much as I expected to keep this car for a great deal of time, I just can’t justify having 3 vehicles.

C5 RS6 Avant 4.2 V8 Biturbo Quattro tiptronic
    First registered 31.07.2003,
    "03" registered,
    108000 miles,
    MOT 24.09.16.

Factory specification:
    Extras:
    Mugello Blue pearl effect paint
    Valcona leather - Silver - comes with Alcantara headlining to ceiling - silver colour
    Privacy glass
    Solar panel sunroof
    Inlays to dash & doors - Poplar Agate veneer - grey
    Cross drilled brake discs
    19" x 9J 5 arm design alloy wheels

Standard:
    Recaro sports front seats with electric adjustment, RS6 embossing to leather on front and rear seats
    Electrically adjustable steering column with convenience entry / exit feature
    Heated front and outer rear seats
    Front centre armrest
    Rear armrest
    One x front and two x rear cupholders
    BOSE 250 watt premium sound system
    Radio navigation system, analogue TV reception, 6CD changer
    Driver's information system
    Cruise control
    Electrical folding door mirrors
    Automatically dimming interior rear view mirror
    Usual central locking and windows.

Maintenance:
    Full Audi service history:
    1. 9458 miles, Hartwell Audi, 10.12.2003
    2. 25169 miles, Warrington Audi, 11.10.2004
    3. 40197 miles, Warrington Audi, 25.05.2005
    4. 54334 miles, Warrington Audi, 09.12.2006
    5. 65857 miles, Warrington Audi, 26.01.2007
    6. 72550 miles, Lake District Audi, 09.01.2008
    7. Cam belt change done by Ian Collins Automotive, Billsborough, Preston, 02.06.2008
    9. Gearbox rebuild by A1 premier transmissions of Biggleswade, 06.02.2009 at 80482 miles.
    10. 80760 miles, Carlisle Audi, 28.02.2009
    11. DRC replaced with H&R coil overs and Hotchkiss ARBs, Stage 1 map and TCU map, Unit20, 10.03.2009
    12. 86100 miles, Carlisle Audi, 10.02.2010
    13. NSR brake calliper replaced with new item due to seizing - 26.11.2010

Some low life member of society scuffed my OSF wing, headlight and bumper on 23rd December 2010. They drove off without leaving a note. My insurance company would only offer to pay to re paint this localised area and replace the scuffed OSF headlight unit (leaving the 7 years of stone chips visible elsewhere).

Naturally I would not have been pleased with this outcome, so I later paid the local Audi approved bodyshop to repaint the front of the car, being sympathetic to the age of the rest of the car (I didn't want the sides of the car painted without reason). Therefore - the front bumper and bonnet were repainted, along with the front wings being colour painted to around the area of the side repeater indicators. The whole area of the wings was lacquered, and this has worked very well. Original paint everywhere except these areas - looks fabulous.

14. 91980 miles, Carlisle Audi, 20.04.2011, Gearbox service, transmission sump and secondary air injection system pipes replaced, Unit 20
    15. Paint repairs to front end - Bendalls bodyshop, Carlisle, August 2011.
    16. 95253 miles, Cam belt change along with water pump, thermostat, tensioners. Carlisle Audi, 07.07.2012
    17. 100359 miles, Carlisle Audi, Inspection 14.10.2013
    18. 101915 miles, Carlisle Audi, Oil & Filter 20.09.2014
    19. 102485 miles, Carlisle Audi, Oil & Filter, Front upper arms & C-Links replaced & front lower arms & 4 wheel alignment 20.05.2015

The car also has the following desirable modifications / extras:

Stage one "CustomCode" map installed along with transmission ECU map at Unit 20.
    Genuine Audi rigid load liner in boot, installed from new, still with anti-slip mat. Hence boot floor under this looks like new!
    RNS-E navigation unit installed with 2009 maps. 2 x SD card reader for MP3 playback. Still links to functioning 6CD changer, however TV reception no longer plumbed in (makes no difference as it was defunct analogue anyway). Makes such a difference to the interior - more modern and essentially the same OS as many of the newer cars on the Audi range today.
    AUX input discretely added to glove compartment - added by Craig Barnes giving music playback from iPod or similar.

The above information was from the previous Owner and I’m sure he won’t mind me mentioning that he works for Carlisle Audi and had owned the car since 2008 it was his pride and joy and if the car needed anything it went through the Audi workshop or to Unit20 (the list of history is the best I’ve ever seen)

Since I have owned the car (Dec 2015) I have continued with its maintenance and upgraded some parts to my liking in my ownership it has had the following:

• Genuine F125 Gearbox switch 12.01.16
    • LED lighting upgrade and RS6 logo’s in both front door puddle lights 25.01.16
    • Engine temp sensor 28.01.16
    • New Zimmerman drilled front discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads, new calipers pins and sliders (done 2500 miles) 23.05.16
    • 4x Pirelli p-zero nero 255/35/19 tyres and wheels powder coated anthracite metallic grey 10.05.16
    • Front outer CV boots replaced 18.05.16
    • New Pagid OEM spec rear pads and rear calipers dismantled, sliders and seals replaced that were worn 13.06.16
    • Rear discs remove and cleaned up on a lath and all holes re-drilled to clear out old pad material 13.06.16
    • New N75 and DV’s Genuine Bosch MAF’s 20.05.16
    • Vacuum pipes all replaced with silicone hoses
    • Full service using Genuine parts, air filters, pollen filter, fuel filter, oil and oil filter
    • The wheels were sent for blasting and powder coated anthracite metallic grey and brand new Pirelli P-Zero Nero tyres fitted 255/35/19
    • I’ve had the rear Backboxes removed and Stainless 2.5” Straight pipes with new 6” oval tips this joins the stock system just after the centre resonators (originals still available)
    • Car has had a full detail from MP Autodetailing and Dodo juice wax applied but in all honesty the previous owner had already spent a lots of time applying zymol titanium wax to the body and glass and water just beads off the cars
    • Front bumper grill has been painted Matte black to match the intercooler intake plastics

I have done over 5000 miles in the car since December and it has been nothing but enjoyable and been a pleasure to drive.

And the only reason I’m selling is that shortly after buying the car I also bought an Audi S1 from Carlisle Audi to use as my daily and as much as I love the S1 I don’t want to use it as my everyday car

So purchased a VW caddy van to use for work, thus now meaning I have 3 cars. The caddy ticks all the right boxes for my work requirement and to take the dog in occasionally
    The S1 will become my weekend car and then it leaves the RS6 sadly not being used which is the worst thing for them to stand idle!

I have just returned from taking the car to Unit20 (01.07.16) for a full health check and the following:
    • Full health check (no issues and error free)
    • Change all the diff oil, rear, centre and front checked
    • New MAF seals on the inlet manifold
    • RS6 gearbox service

So this is an RS6 wanting for nothing, everything has been done to it ready for a new owner and I truly believe you would be hard pushed to find a better condition and well maintained C5 RS6 for the money.

I would prefer it be sold to a forum member who will look after it as I have. I can honestly say that although I will have driven it fast on the odd occasion, I've never abused it and this car is genuinely well kept.

I would say without being big headed that this will be one of the most presentable C5s available, so immaculate is it in appearance.

Price is £11,000 o.v.n.o (I don’t want any p/x or swaps)

The vehicle is located in North West Cumbria & also has a Tracker fitted which is transferable to the new owner

World Champion Decade Plus User meXEco's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Re: Audi C5 RS6 Avant 2003

Nom.....whats the power of this beauty?

'68 1100 Deluxe-bog stock soon to be a twincam rep.

+ Reply to Thread