User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ford Transit swb mk2 2.5 DI Coming soon?

Mechanic

Thanks

Ford Transit swb mk2 2.5 DI Coming soon?

Having a chat with a gut overseas, I may be getting this brought over, but would like to see how the interest is in one 1st? Not sure on price and details as a whole, but here are some details and pix to peruse over.

Ford Transit mk2, 1985 Di model (2.5 Direct Injection Diesel) SWB

The engine is in very good condition. Starts on the key. Recently had a new Lucas reconditioned diesel pump fitted, new water pump, new lift pump. filters , serviced regularly. Gearbox also in very good condition. Works great.

Body is in nice condition, does have that here and there defect as you would expect from a car of this age. Was repainted a few years ago, but is far from perfect. It is not finished to the show condition, it is also slightly matt due to the hot sunny days we have.

Interior of the van is also still very nice. Dash is clean. Seats were Re done about a year ago. All switches, lighting works as should.

Original steel wheels. Tyres are say 65% good for the rear ones, 95% at the front (two new front tyres where fitted not long ago).

Has a custom roof rack fitted. makes it look more retro, and can be very handy at some point. Unfortunately this will have to be taken off if sent overseas due to transport reasons. In that case, if the buyer still wishes to have it, I will need to cut in half to be put in the van and re joined once the buyer has it. This is a custom steel rack made out of mild steel angles, so can be easily welded back.

Internal back loading space was fitted with side wooden guards to avoid any objects hitting the side panels of the van. The floor was also given a false wooden level for any objects not to be directly on the van floor. Obviously the wood, especially the floor, is not at its best due to usage over time, a couple of stains etc...But this is nothing original to the van and can be easily removed or replaced.

Chassis is very nice and solid too. Just one corner at the back that needs some attention. its just above the back tyre.

It's also only a two owner van through its whole life!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jv57 For This Useful Post:

Mechanic

Thanks

Re: Ford Transit swb mk2 2.5 DI Coming soon?

chat with a GUY not a Gut!

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: Ford Transit swb mk2 2.5 DI Coming soon?

nice, i dont think you will have any trouble shifting that, might even be tempted myself

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Ford Transit swb mk2 2.5 DI Coming soon?

That's really nice but unfortunately too tall to fit in my garage or I would be very tempted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread