User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dash clocks - lights

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Dash clocks - lights

Hi everyone,

Im sure this has all been discussed before loads but if anyone can give me a response I would be greatful

I got a minor on an MOT (NI) for dash illumination not being bright enough - truth is the clocks are black at night and its attrocious
    I removed clocks - replaced all 501 bulbs and although all are lighting they appear really really dim and when the clocks are installed still barely no illumination of clocks

On top of this when reinstalled my fuel guage and temp seemed to have stopped and my oil warning light which always used to come on then off when i turned ignition now fails to come on at all - and... my battery light remains lit when driving.

I have obviously done something..
    Can anyone help - I had thought it may have been a bad earth or connection and am debating about looking for another harness for the clocks
    I have also ordered new fuses and plan to replace them..
    All I want though is the clocks to work the way they had been before I stuck my big thumbs in the road

Or is it a case that I need new clocks now too - cos I see the batt light issue seems to be common enough

Also my dipped beam headlights have always been like candles and starting to think the loom is the main culprit

Anyways apologies for the basic questions-but really hoping someone can help
    Last edited by jby; 17-10-2016 at 13:48.

+ Reply to Thread