User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MK2 Diff options

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

MK2 Diff options

Hey Guys,

I hope you guys can help me.

I have a MK2 fitted with a SR20DET. Its already been fitted with a T28 turbo. The aim is to put max 250hp on the wheels. Now I need a diff. From the info I could gather locally (South Africa) basically only a M75 diff (off Toyota Hilux) will be fit for purpose. Now retailers of these have caught onto this and the prices have gone through the roof.

So my question - Are there any other diffs out there that I could look at? How can I find out what the different diff's capabilities are?

World Champion Decade Plus User alladdin's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

MK2 Diff options

Google me thinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Re: MK2 Diff options

First off - the Ford Atlas axle is the obvious choice but unsure if they're easily available where you are. They were available in the later cortinas so that's a starting point. Not as suitable as a Capri axle but might be easier to find for you.

Secondly, the English axle can be made to take up to 300bhp if using a decent LSD with stronger side gears and uprated two piece half shafts.

I'd prefer to to keep the stock axle that already fits the car and just uprate it but the LSD/shaft mods can be expensive!

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Believe the axle fitted to the S/A models is a Colne axle and subsequent dealers in LSD s and shafts are few and far between. Then if you do get them it's sourcing replacements later. Think it's a case of bite the bullit with fitting MT75 or sourcing an Atlas, either way way it's going to be expensive but do it once and right.

Bodger

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyWhiteTrash View Post
    Secondly, the English axle can be made to take up to 300bhp if using a decent LSD with stronger side gears and uprated two piece half shafts.
    I'm interested in this option too. Although some would argue the Quaife ATB isn't a proper LSD, it would suit my needs. From what I can see, they only come to suit 22 spline half shafts. Any makers of shafts that you can recommend, and how much power/torque do you think this combination could take?

+ Reply to Thread