Thread: Gracosw 24V

Bodger

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    My 3rd Project
    Thanks

Gracosw 24V

Project #3 - '75 Granada mk1 Coupe Cosworth

Since the summer season is getting closer and still haven't got the parts for my van yet,
    i've had time to think about my summer car and the fixing/upgrades that needs to be done soon and share some reading for those whose interested.

Short introduction:
    Bought the car in 2013 and drove it for few years and enjoyed it, but the bodywork was badly done as rust started showing through paint and there were few holes and re-painted spots here and there.
    Previous owner had the bodywork and repaint done in around 2010

I thought i get easy on this, just weld few bits and repaint it, but no it didnt go really as planned (I never wanted this to be this wide project as it was, but...)

Few pictures in 2013 just when i got it:
    (Theres a re-painted/fixed spot under rear quarter window/air vent already at this point)

Then in 2015 started working on the car by peeling the paint off and checking what could be found under there:

Oh yes some big dents like someone would had hit with a fist, which they didnt even try to pull out. Just showeled on some 15-20mm thick filler on top of 10mm of bodysolder:

So the project took a bit of larger scale at this point...

Didnt even look whats under those front fenders, just took everything off it and made fibreglass molds from hood, trunk lid, fenders and bought new doors and fibreglass front valance from motomobil.

At this point i was like wth, im going to make it to look like i want it and go mental while at it:

And the new/old stock doors, which were for 2 door, so cut& lower them by about 2cm & reweld = coupe doors

In 2019 after few hours of sanding it was done, motd & ready for the road again:

So the do list for upgrades and fixes for 2020:

Upgrades:

Bob cams & Vectra 3.0 blue injectors.
    Theres not quite alot of detailed information (or atleast i havent found) what is needed for this upgrade, if anyone knows more id be interested in it before i start tearing the engine apart and notice there's missing something crucial.
    Supposedly boa timing discs are used?

Fixes:

Right side drive axle makes noise when turning left, new bearings needed
    Exhaust rear silencer hits floorpan/fuel cell bowl, better mounts
    Right doorhandle broken, gotta find a new one.
    Fuel cell breather / ordered a while ago
    Hood needs to be fixed & repainted. It broke on first test drive as it almost came through windshield, when it popped open and there was no latch to stop it. Luckily i was only driving 40-50kmh so it didnt break anything else.

After 6months of sanding & polishing for 5-12hour days i just wanted to drive it. So i just repaired it fast, that i could drive the rest of summer and fix it properly next winter.

Bodger

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    My 3rd Project
    Thanks

Re: Gracosw 24V

Got new CV joints and swapped them, also noticed slight play in the same side wheel bearing, might have been that aswell that made the noise when turning left:

Probably going to take it on a spin on the road/drive it to work some day, if the weather stays warm enough.

Bodger

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    My 3rd Project
    Thanks

Lets update this project aswell, as its progressed quite a bit since last update.

For two years ive been cleaning undercoating and fixing all surface rust areas from bottom of the car and finally got it painted early this summer

New fuel 044 pump and fuel lines, brake pipes & braided hoses. Re-did rear of exhaust pipes again as they were hitting in places they werent supposed to.

Fitted sierra/scorpio rear calipers, scorpio solid discs + sierra handbrake cable

New set of wheels JR19 16x9 ET-25, front rims havent even left factory yet, but hoping they will arrive before spring. 16X8 ET-10

Made new fibreglass rear arches and mold to make more if needed.

Trying out some toyo semi slicks R888R:s

Found a cheap Super 8.8 from S550 mustang with only 16K kms on it. Probably going to build and fit on another shell first and transfer it into this car after the mounting cage is finished.
    For size comparison, granada propshaft on left

Mechanic

My 1st Project
    Thanks

This is great what a monster, and that black paint finish looks really good ����

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakspak For This Useful Post:

Bodger

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    My 3rd Project
    Thanks

Thanks, Wish i had the budget to throw a Barra under the hood to come up to par with looks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Works For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread