A bit bored with the current covid situation;

so me and my friends decided to learn drifting next year on our local track called "drift poligon". It's an old course that was used for driving beginners before going on the road.

Few months ago my buddy from Croatia was sending me links of adds on Facebook marketplace of dirt cheap e36 ti's to hype me up on it and while I was halfway done eating my sandwich I
somehow decided to go and grab one myself the same day...

The car cost me 250euro in the end and was still registered which made it really easy getting it back home. I called up my friends and told them about the car I bought and that we can have it together to share.

Soon we pulled the engine and stripped the car, so far getting back a little over 100euro from selling some things, which makes the shell more or less free allready. But with a reason and that is terminal RUST. The car is basiclly made of it. Not a problem though, with all the holes in it this thing should weigh next to none

So, the plan is to make the car ready to drift till March when they open and knowing the local boys we already got loads of help with info and parts. To state the obvious, this car is going to be one BIG BODGE . We are not going to waste time on welding nice repair sections or anything like that. Its going to be pretty bad, but the shell is not worth our time anymore than its needed to stay in one piece. That being said it's also nice to have something like this where you can be tipsy and not need to worry about the car and work done to it. A nice little break from our personal projects should be a fun one!

Heres a video of the track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4s9JLae5s

Took the first photos when I got home

Came with a big bottle of oil and a toilet

Stripping the car

Engine out

Then the car sat for a while behind the shop because we had another car to take care of for a costumer (will post that one aswell when I get to it). Meanwhile I collected most of the parts needed for this.
Some time in between we dug out a 6cylinder lump from an e39. This took me 2 tries to be honest because the first one which was sold to me as a b25 turned out to be a b20 (2liter) and the seller didnt approve it so I was stuck with selling it. Luckilly I did and for the full price. The second one was the right one.

Think this is enough for the first post. Heres a couple of screen grabs from my footage at the track. All of us never cared for compacts, but after watching a couple shredding that little course we got hooked.