User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice please on Weber 40 or 45

Bodger

Thanks

Advice please on Weber 40 or 45

Following on from my previous post on here and problems I have had with trying to set up a second hand pair of 40dcoe 35 carbs I had I have decided to bite the bullet and go all new.
    Had a good chat with Webcon today for prices etc and said I could get 40s or 45s with whatever set up I wanted for the same price.
    While I fully understand that this only is going to be best guess I would appreciate some ideas of what is a good starting point.
    The car is a light weight 800kg 1969 Tvr Vixen so I don't need masses of torque to get it going so I could compromise a little for more top end power.
    The engine is an all steel enginenarrow journal crank long rod conrods accralte 83.5 Pistons fully balanced with Kent 244 camshaft and stage 3 head with all valves shimmed steel flywheel running about 10.8:1 compression ratio. Aldon Dizzy with lumenition electronic ignition and facet gold pro fuel pump and kingfilter regulator.

So do I go 40s or 45s and what would be a good starting point with chokes mains idle etc? Not bothers about fuel economy and it will be used for odd track days.
    Many thanks
    Chris

Bodger

Thanks

Re: Advice please on Weber 40 or 45

Forgot to put mention the engine type Its a 1700 711m Ford Crossflow.
    Last edited by chris52; 18-01-2017 at 11:48.

Pole Position Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Administrator

Thanks

See other post first.

Bodger

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miniliteman View Post
    See other post first.
    Cheers I have just seen that point, but it still doesn't get away from the fact that the carbs I have are not best for my engine. I can see how this would affect the car and possibly cause the issue that I have so is worth a quick test with the covers removed.
    With the help from the other topic I have a good idea of the best set up for a new set of 40's but if I'm going to get gains from a set of 45's I may as well get them now and tuned and set up properly once the engine has been run in.
    Last edited by chris52; 18-01-2017 at 12:10.

+ Reply to Thread