User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Barn (or should I say Drive) Find Cortina MK2 Value

Thanks

Barn (or should I say Drive) Find Cortina MK2 Value

Hi Everyone,

I recovered this lovely Cortina MK2 which was sitting on a drive in France. Owner gave up on idea of one day getting it back to its previous glory and I was lucky enough to be the first to ''discover'' it.

It is a 1966 Cortina MK2 LHD 1300 Deluxe 2 doors (I have check the chassis number as I have got the French V5 for it and looks like it is one of the very first MK2). 70K kilometers on clock (and I don't believe it has gone round).

Car was covered in dirt after several years spent outside seating on a concrete drive and I was expecting to find a rust bucket so was planing to break it down for parts but after a very quick wash it appears amazingly good and sound. There is hardly any penetrating rust anywhere but for one of the top mounts and it is actually not that bad even there. All chassis rails are sound, wings, scuttle etc etc just great condition. There is surface rust in a few places but really can't believe the state of it and I now think that it is way to nice to break it down for parts.
    Interior is shot (sun had done its damaged to the seats) but the original rubber matts are there and again sound and seta covers are not that expensive.
    Mechanically, it is rolling (brakes were not even seized) but engine will need a complete overall as no clue about its condition (took rocker cover off to have a look and all seems good there). Can't say about the gearbox as the gear lever (mounted on floor) is broken.

So now I am a little at a loss about it and just wondering what is could be worth as it is ??? (rather than breaking it). I don't know if would be worth restoring, but I have too many projects on the go requiring my time to start a full resto on this one. It is a very early 66 and a 2 doors but at the same time, only a 1300 Deluxe so no twincam here LOL.

What do you guys think ?

Thanks

Franck

www.passionautofrance.com

Thanks

Re: Barn (or should I say Drive) Find Cortina MK2 Value

Way too good to break.
    Nice ones are pretty rare I would think.
    buy it and sell it on otherwise it could sit there for another length of time and what a waste that would be!

Thanks

Re: Barn (or should I say Drive) Find Cortina MK2 Value

Thanks, the car is mine and in the UK and I am planning to sell it on but just no idea of its real value.....

www.passionautofrance.com

+ Reply to Thread