User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Emerald K6 advice

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Emerald K6 advice

Looking for some advice for first start up. Car is turning over fine got spark got fuel and offering to start on the st170 map emerald supplied. I've spoke to emerald and they advised me to turn the fueling trim up to get it to start also turn the mspb up. Ive got the mspb as high as 80 its still offering to start but no joy, whats the highest I can go with the mspb? Engine is standard st170 with gsxr 750 itb's and 4 branch manifold
    any advice is greatly appreciated need car running and starting to go to paintshop before I get it mapped properly.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: Emerald K6 advice

just go the the live adjustment screen and make the fuel trim number higher by using the number 3 key on your keyboard ( dont use the number key pad) if you hit it a number of times you will see the trimmed number go bigger than the map number, that will add more fuel without actually changing any settings. if you add a shed load of fuel and it still doesnt fire theres something wrong. maybe you dont have a live feed to the injectors or something

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Checked the live feeds all ok it is firing and popping and its nearly starting . I noticed earlier that when the pump isn't running I have no pressure at all in the rail only gets pressure when pump is running starting to wonder if the fpr is faulty you'd think there would still be pressure in the rail once pump stops

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

if its nearly starting just add a load more fuel trim.

fuel pressure can die away when the pump doesnt run, that will depend on whether your pump is fitted with a check valve which stops fuel flowing back through it when its not running, doesnt really matter though,

do you know what fuel pressure you have at the rail?

+ Reply to Thread