User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [For Sale] Ford Type-E Rocket 4-speed transmission / gearbox with straight cut gears

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

[For Sale] Ford Type-E Rocket 4-speed transmission / gearbox with straight cut gears

For sale is a type-e rocket 4-speed racing transmission with straight cut synchro gears.

The transmission is in a good shape and all gears are engaging very smoothly and it doesnt make any strange sounds.

It was used with just ~ 170hp, so not even close to the 230-240hp power rating of the gears.

I am converting to bike engine power, hence the sale.

Transmission Info:
    Ford Type-E 4 Speed close ratio 'Rocket' gearbox
    It comes with Tran-X straight cut gears (Tran-X is now a division of Quaife)
    Bellhousing and transmission mount not included! But shift knob and shifter are included!
    Ratios are: 2.54 - 1.66 - 1.255 - 1

The gear engagement is normal, so this is not a sequential transmission. Hence it has service intervals like a normal transmission.

The transmission gears are worth ~ GBP 950.00 alone, a stock type-e rocket transmission is very rare and is ~ GBP 350.00 by itself.

I will let the transmission go for GBP 800.00 including shipping. I will also include a complete brand new gasket kit for free.

Shipping worldwide and payment via Paypal is possible.

Pole Position Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Administrator

Thanks

Re: [For Sale] Ford Type-E Rocket 4-speed transmission / gearbox with straight cut ge

Where in Germany are you located?

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Re: [For Sale] Ford Type-E Rocket 4-speed transmission / gearbox with straight cut ge

Check your pirvate messages!

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Update: The installed tran-x gears are 2.48 - 1.69 - 1.28 - 1, very close to the stock rocket gear ratios which are 2.54 - 1.66 - 1.255 - 1

Thanks
    What type of engine was it mounted to? I do not recognize the bellhouse

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

It used to be attached to an 4A-GE and hence I dont sell the bellhousing unless you also want to use this transmission with an 4A-GE but then the price goes up.

+ Reply to Thread