User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 32/36 dgav rebuild guide - ( link to one actually)

World Champion Decade Plus User alladdin's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

32/36 dgav rebuild guide - ( link to one actually)

found this on the net, i have not studied it in detail so cannot confirm whats correct but looks useful.

http://www.mk3supra.org/topic/561-gu...236-dgav-carb/

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Re: 32/36 dgav rebuild guide - ( link to one actually)

Very useful because of so any pics in detail if you want to rebuild yours correct and no longer know where which part was fitted where.

On the other hand, what he is doing is not what we call a "rebuild" here.

World Champion Decade Plus User alladdin's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onyd View Post
    Very useful because of so any pics in detail if you want to rebuild yours correct and no longer know where which part was fitted where.

On the other hand, what he is doing is not what we call a "rebuild" here.
    i came across it while searching for info i failed to find - i think i should have just asked you to be honest but i like to at least try !
    so my question is .............. after the dgav there are other numbers , for instance 5E OR 33b1 ----- what do these tell us ?
    is there a list anywhere ? i did find a wiki page listing the ford no's from the tag but tag is too worn to read

also its mentioned that the 'power valve' should hold under vacuum if you cover the hole - mine does not but i suspect it wont anyway due to its short stroke, can you comment on this part please.
    as you say , not really a rebuild but certainly a decent head start for a general overhaul.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

32/36 DGAV is most basic number for this carb. All other numbers stand for different jetting, emulsion tubes, aux venturies, different valve plates etc.. all because it was not fitted to just one model but many model engines, different make cars etc... If you got a DGAV from a 2 ltr Capri it wil not be the same as a 1600 S Capri. Sometimes even sold in an other country could mean a slightly different jetting and again en different number on the tag.

Usual old power valves have a cracked diaphragm or the alloy is bent so it is leaking air. They where long time no longer available but today you can buy them again new from Weber.

Yes, very good pictures in case your "lost" your way. Wish I had these for all pre-war carburetors hahaha

+ Reply to Thread