User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big bike restriction kits 33bhp / 88mph / <25kw

Thanks

Big bike restriction kits 33bhp / 88mph / <25kw

Cut a long story short, I bought a new CBR125 to commute on thinking it would be fine for commuting for a couple of years until I got a full licence (A2 at present), but got bored with it, as you would do! That's now gone and I have a restricted GSXR600 which is lovely, although it does use twice the amount of fuel for same journey but in 3/4's of the time!

Anyway, I gave the bike a full service today and thought about looking for the mechanical restrictor (not to remove it of course!). Does anyone know where it is? I think it is an insert on the throttle cable linkage to stop the carbs opening up fully, but hardly worth the £225 I paid for the restriction (I know it's the certificate only I wanted!). The bike can still do 105mph (private land of course), but the restriction really stifles the engine after 7k rpm.

Further to the service (oil, oil filter, K&N airfilter, iridium spark plugs, etc), what a lovely bike to maintain as everything is easily accessible! Ebay for buying most of the service items at reasonable prices and job done.

Part of the furniture Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Administrator
    Turbosport Moderator

Thanks

Re: Big bike restriction kits 33bhp / 88mph / <25kw

If im not mistaken, they but grommet its the throttle bodies so they cant suck in as much air, get the filter out take a look

My 1st Project
    Thanks

The restrictor kit is a large washer fitted between the inlet rubber's and cylinder head fairly simple to remove,but obviousely you have to remove the carbs.If it's an injected model it will allso have a stop on the throttle bodies to prevent full throttle.

Bear in mind if you do remove it and get caught you will be prosecuted for no liscence or insurance and will allmost certainly lose your liscence

Thanks

Points noted, cheers! The restrictor kit is staying on for now as it is doing me a favour. I pass 27 speed cameras (which I know of) on a daily basis to and from work, so I am happy with the way the bike is for now. All it takes is one bad day in the office and one extra notch on the accelerator and goodbye license!

Thanks

If its got secondary throttle bodies then its done via the ecu on alot of late suzuki's
    Suzuki have been doing deals on restricted ecu's, but i dont know what happens to the stock ones, i guess they cant just hand them back to the customer?

+ Reply to Thread