User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GTS1 correct geometry but odd valve tip to follower contact situation

My Race Car
    Thanks

GTS1 correct geometry but odd valve tip to follower contact situation

Dear Friends,
    I have test fit the GTS1 to the head.
    I can say that the Rocker geometry/attitude is perfect when checked against the manifold faces. The swept area is also confirming this, at least according to my knowledge.
    However, the full lift is 0.60 mm is higher than the book value, valve clearance set. ( 12.80 mm VS 13.40 mm ) ( normally, this would mean that the valves are way too short but the geometry is not saying so )
    Then, naturally the valve tip to follower edge contact is producing the result which can be seen at the below photo. Although I have run camshafts before with a similar result by milling the edge of the follower, but I don't like this situation.
    I would like to have your opinion for this odd situation please. Would you just mill the edge of the CF36 followers or use longer valves ( disturbed geometry ) to kill the lift and totally avoid this situation.
    I know that, changing the valve lenghts will also effect the cam's character etc but then what is the correct geometry to produce the cam's intended duration figures etc.
    Quite typical Pinto situation and it may also be the case that cam grinded wrong from the beginning.
    Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1232.JPG‎  

+ Reply to Thread