User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stop modified classics losing their reg

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Re: Stop modified classics losing their reg

Quote Originally Posted by Forest_rallying View Post

How long will it be before the Insurance companies get onto the Band Wagon with all this, the next thing we know is that if we don't meet the right criteria then there'll be no Insurance cover for our classic vehicles.
    Maybe that's the plan: I wonder how the powers-that-be will remove all of the unwanted non hybrid/electric cars off the road quickly enough to meet their targets. They don't want people using old cars that have minimal carbon footprint (due to the fact that there is no need to dig up expensive materials to keep them running in comparison to modern cars), they want us to consume new cars at a fantastic rate to keep the economy ticking along nicely.

Personally I thinking retro-fitting more efficient engines into older cars is a much more green approach than continually scrapping cars, digging the earth up for more materials and making more and more complex products. Never mind batteries for electric cars/hybrids and where the materials come from - that's not exactly a green process!

Why putting a more efficient engine etc into an older car should potentially mean SVA is just bonkers and possibly a sign of the Governments true intent.
    Last edited by HonkyWhiteTrash; 08-10-2017 at 13:46.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: Stop modified classics losing their reg

re insurance, i think there will always be companies willing to insure modified cars at a cost, its a bit like a motor traders policy, at one time you could simply have one allowing you to drive anything, but these days i have to pay extra on mine so i can drive modified, kit, classic and american cars

+ Reply to Thread