User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: rally design....

Bodger

Thanks

Re: rally design....

Used them once and never will again. Charged £20 (non-refundable unless purchase proceeds) to estimate postage costs overseas, which is excessive in my opinion for throwing some items in a box, weighing it, and looking up a chart for the cost. No mention of the credit card surcharge until after the order was placed, and I was charged in my local currency despite requesting to be charged in UK £ (costing me yet more in foreign exchange fees). Shipping fee was through the roof compared to their competitors too, but I was already in for £20 just for the calculations, so agreed just to minimise my losses. They might be OK for locals, but there are better places for overseas customers to go, i.e. where you'll know exactly how much you'll pay before spending anything.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

A uk business will always charge in uk £ because that is the currency used, it is your credit card company which will of converted the transaction to your local currency and charged for doing so.

Bodger

Thanks

No, I was charged in my local currency. The email about it from the RD staff member stated:

"For your convenience, if paying by credit card, you will be charged in your card billing currency at the Reuters exchange rate of the day plus 3.5% margin.
    This competitive exchange rate is supported by a Best Rate Guarantee and can be advised on the day. If you wish to pay in GBP please notify us prior to the transaction, as these cannot be reversed."

I did notify them that I wished to be charged in UK £, but this was not actioned, which I consider to be poor. They also did not send me tracking information, despite using a premium international courier service, and they did not respond to two requests for the consignment number so that I could ensure someone was available to receive the package when it arrived.

I stand by my comment that international buyers can do better than to use Rally Design.
    Last edited by Flighter; 11-10-2015 at 02:07.

+ Reply to Thread