User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Over due introduction

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Over due introduction

Hello,
    I have been a member for a while, but have not posted. I have had my Black 1980 Mk2 RS2000 Custom since 1985, it has one previous owner but now it is in poor shape. The lock up it was in got broken into and I lost most of the windows and all head lamps; it was also not the driest garage. Ricky Wilson Heated Windscreens came to my rescue and I have a new set of Bronze Glass, obviously not Securit, but my attempts to source bronze glass on ebay resulted in items that were only fit for the bin. The car is now in very good hands down in Devon. It was mostly Group 1 spec when on the road (Brakes, suspension and steering) except for the engine. I have managed to get hold of a Group 1 air box, so it will look the part when finished. The air box is in the usual condition and needs restoration itself. Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement RS logo and part number sticker for the airbox? I was encouraged to read that Longstone are going to produce a batch of CN36's, so I will have to get five of those if possible.
    Anyway that is a little about my car, so I look forward to being a bit more active on the forum.
    Cheers

World Champion Decade Plus User alladdin's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Over due introduction

Welcome along 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Re: Over due introduction

Welcome,
    Car sounds nice.
    I bought some of those tyres from Longstone a few months ago. Really look the part but are 186 70 13. From memory I remember the original size was 175 70 13 but even so they really finish-off an original car.
    I also had the full Gp 1 engine kit. I got fed up with constantly fettling the IDF's so sold the lot..for a hell of a lot of money. For the stickers look on ebay. I got the top and side sticker from German ebay. If you need a throttle bracket they are on there too.
    If I can help with anything give me a shout.

Get some photo's up.!

+ Reply to Thread