Hi there, I am looking for some suspension advice for my mk2 1600 sport. The car will always be just a fun fast road car, no roll cage etc.
I am thinking of buying 145lb springs for the standard struts (crossflow engine), but am unsure of what height to get.
I cut this photo out from a magazine as I quite liked how the car sat. I'm not a big fan of excessively low cars.
Would anybody be able to suggest what ride height this would likely be, front and rear?
I haven't been able to find many clear examples of what a mk2 looks like -1" and -2" for example.

DSC_7628 by Tom Gibbs, on Flickr

My car is currently on axle stands with the front wings and front panel off, so I have no base to go off.
The front springs that came with the car have a free length of 8.5", which I believe will give a 3" drop, which I think will be too low.
The leaf springs are multi leaf jobbies that look to have been decambered, no lowering blocks. The rear may be too low too, but that's a problem I can tackle once the car is on the road. I am aiming to use standard RS 116lb leafs, eventually also fitting a Milton A-frame kit. I think this should be a good combo for a road car, can anyone comment on that?

Thanks very much,
Tom