User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 32/36 linkage

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

32/36 linkage

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.
    Has anyone tested the difference in 32/36 std or with synchronous linkage on dyno?
    I have done dyno runs myself with a zetec on 32/36 and 38dgas within an hour to compare.
    I was wondering if anyone might have done that with 32/36 on different linkages.

My guess is on part throttle and low rpm on WOT you might see some gains.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Re: 32/36 linkage

Making them synchronous just vanish the point they where made for. More throttle control. If you got more power at the same degree of opening when you change to synchronous you clearly got he prove you got less control.

I don't know who was ever so stupid to introduce this setup. At full power, full throttle there is never ever any advance. The car only feel faster when you ope the throttle because you open 2 plates. But you do got less control and also less control over fueling when it comes to lean for cruise and rich for full power.

Chip tuners sometimes also use this trick. They make the stepper engine going open from 0 - 70 procent or make first part coming in faster. When you are used to your throttle pedal it now feels like it is faster, less movement give more power as before. But full power is still the same.

Making the 38 DGAS opening like the 32/36 can be an advance but only with bigger engines (more power as a regular Pinto) where you can have full advance of the bigger carb.

+ Reply to Thread