User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: m-thec automotive are total bodgers

Bodger

My 1st Project
    Thanks

m-thec automotive are total bodgers

I wouldn't recommend any1 going there.
    It started about a year ago my brother order am ecu from took ages to get it, when we got it, it dy even work. One of the coil driver didn't work, so he sent bk took another month to get it back they said the repaired when they even dy. So my brother decided to send the car down for them to sort the ecu out and set up. They said it would take a month to get bk and agreed 600 quid for everything. A month later comes they sent a email recipet saying it's going to cost £1378.45. They said they did extra work what my brother didn't even agree too. So my brother went down gave him £550 got the car back, they car didn't even run right and they left have the thing out just dandling didn't even put the back like lamda sensor and some bits. Fucked his turbo what was brand new. So I think they am a total rip off and bodger few of my mates have had the same trouble with them. They seem to know how to fuck up a new turbo. So I guess that's all they know what to do is fuck up turbos, wouldn't go there at all. Save ya self the hassle people don't go there or buy anything of them.

Part of the furniture Decade Plus User Ratters's Avatar

Thanks

Re: m-thec automotive are total bodgers

was this the s2? which i think was black

Bodger

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Nah s1. It was just painted aswell just before it went there and came back with big chip on the doors

Part of the furniture Decade Plus User Ratters's Avatar

Thanks

we went there for a rolling road day with another forum & there was a turbo there then parked up outside. i'm sure it was a s2 though trig & that will remember it was tidy & the engine bay was very tidy too all shiney & silicone hoses etc etc

Bodger

My 1st Project
    Thanks

My brothers one like that. I don't think they know what they doing,

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

i had a bad experiance with mtech aswell, he doesnt do any checks before he maps cars, there ment to be the cheapest option? i was ment to pay 300 for mapping it ended up being 450 and he couldnt map it to save his life, he didnt check full throttle was working so tried to map it on part throttle we noticed it wasnt getting full throttle so we expected him to map it again because of the differance but he didnt! in the end he let me take my car away pinking! as far as i new that was it but it was very rough and didnt like starting.
    his customer service is terrible to, as long as your giving him money or are going to, hes nice as pie but as soon as you know somethings not right he doesnt like it and gets all mouthy, he said
    "to be honest i dont care if your happy or not its only a ..."(name of my car)
    and not very nice emails.
    he also got my car to hot and it ruined some of the paintwork in the engine bay and joked about it on face book... obviously forgot i would be able to see.
    i took it to another place and this man said the mapping was terrible part throttle wasnt mapped or cold start, there also wasnt enough fuel going through.
    and he did a power run and there was a dip in the power curve from where it was so badly mapped.
    this man sorted it all out.

Bodger

Thanks

Rachel,

Still goig on about your punto!

Did I map coldstart? No, why? Because the MORON that installed the engine didnt remove the sound deadening from the 1.1 chassis and also didnt put a turbo sheild on, and the thing set on fire! The Turbo is at the back of the engine out of sight and I also said time an time again the cam timing was out, you took it away, and low and behold it was.

It is not the tuners job to carry out checks, you sign a disclaimer stating you are happy for us to map the car. If we had built the engine then yes, all my fault, but we didnt. We dont remove inlet piping to check for WOT, you sign a piece of paper to say you would like it mapped.

We map race cars and rally cars, we supply ECUs to the likes of XSport Racing, VRD, Si-Tech Racing, PowerTorque. We write monthly for TRC magazine. I think its down to the car. Any joy yet or are things still hanging off it?

You only paid £450? Remember I said its £300+VAT a time... you had it back to us 3 or 4 times sorting out problems that kept occuring, and I never charged you the strap down fee.

If anyone would like an impartial response from others to her problems check on the PuntoGT forums.

Cheers,
    Matt

Bodger

Thanks

PS. Instead of banging on a forum, why not actuallty come to see us, so we can solve the issues? Of course we charge by the hour to fix all the problems, not that we did with you in the first place.

I am sure other tuners, garage owners etc on yere can appreciate: Cheap jobs/favours always come back to bite you! We now turn away cars that use choclate blocks in their wiring looms, as if people cant even do the basics, they shoudnt be putting it on a set of DD rollers....

Pathetic really.

Matt

Racer Decade Plus User mexicotait's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

can you explain the other cases then ?
    Hexham and District Motorclub

Bodger

Thanks

The case prior indeed I can. That chap after having no end of problems with his car (I stupidly never asked for email confirmation before carrying out the work but we always check with the customer and give estimates) decided to coem down with 4 mates, carrying knives. The police were also called. After they threated to burn down my premises I said pay just for the labour we had to do, as well as the ful and the time we spent running the engine in. We made a loss, but I deleted the 2nd half of the map seeing as they didnt seem to want to pay for it....

Have a look over on passionford for feedback on us....

Bodger

Thanks

Oh I also love how we left it hanging out They actually prank called the office to make sure we were there before turning up unanounced. Real way of doing business... The car wasnt actually ready to be taken away! They even agreed to pay the bill and collect the car a WEEK later.... laughable really.

Bodger

Thanks

And...

How does mapping fuck a turbo? How has it EVER? Surely thats engine build? I have no idea how that happens, the original poster clearly has some idea though..... I think the evidence is all the original post of the intelect of the person making the statement...

Matt

Racer Decade Plus User Stringpants's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Guys...

I dont know anything about any of you but think there must be a better way to sort your differences than on here in this manner.

Regards,

Russ.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

course im still going on about it, its a beast. polybushed all round gt axel/rear disc conversion clocks wired in. all finished now, for the time being, there was nothing hanging of it any way...?

so after the timing was done and it was ready, can you explain why you didnt map part throttle? and the fueling was rubbish, and there was a dip in the power curve which made it drop hp in the midrange then go back up? and why you mapped it so terrible?

i didnt have to sign any paper before you caught it on fire though did i,
    my mapper does the basic checks... spose hes a proper pro though so thats probs why, and why its perfect now in everyway.
    £300+vat a time? no it was £300+vat to be mapped which you never sucsessfully did, and letting me drive it when its not safe (one thing my new mapper would NOT let me do) you never said the cam timing was out.

there are loads of bad comments about you everywhere wish id seen these before but owell you learn.
    bit of advise, its not good when you send your customers emails telling them you will bin their stuff if they dont hurry up.

you can write back but im not going to reply iv said what i wonted. and let you know its finished and amazing

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

and telling me "to be honest i dont care weather your happy or not, its only a fiat punto"
    (i havnt forgot) its not very good customer service,

Closed Thread