User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mazda RX8 6 speed gearbox, slave cylinder, carbon prop and adaptor for Sigma/EcoBoost

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Mazda RX8 6 speed gearbox, slave cylinder, carbon prop and adaptor for Sigma/EcoBoost

Mazda RX8 6 speed gearbox, slave cylinder, carbon prop and adaptor for conversion to a ford sigma or 1.6 ecoboost engine.

Excellent, strong, modern gearbox which has a great shift feel and a fraction of the price of using old oily Type 9s.

This package includes gearbox, shifter, clutch slave, carbon fiber prop shaft and adaptor plate to mount the gearbox to a ford sigma or ford 1.6 Ecoboost ST180 engine. Thick, lazer cut steel plate that includes dowels so it securely locates and was made by one of the first creates of these adapters, search freddy686868 on hear to read more. Don't get confused with low quality copies or those made from Aluminium.

Other adaptor plates are available for this box and I maybe tempted to split if you want to use the gearbox with another engine.
    Being a 23 spline shaft you can use common 220mm ford clutch kits.

Ratio's:
    1st 3.760
    2nd 2.269
    3rd 1.645
    4th 1.187
    5th 1.000
    6th 0.843
    Reverse 3.564

Removed from an RX 8 with about 65k but after bolting it together with the conversion plate to my 1.6 Ecoboost and trial fitting I have decided to go for another solution to suit my chassis.

£350 for the lot collected from
    Reading, Berkshire but could arrange postage.

I also have a solid flywheel to replace the dual mass on the EcoBoost which is available separately.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Re: Mazda RX8 6 speed gearbox, slave cylinder, carbon prop and adaptor for Sigma/EcoB

+ Reply to Thread