User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MOT forum

World Champion Decade Plus User Pitstop's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

MOT forum

As above. How about putting one up as there always seems to be pre-mot questions (seat belt, numberplates, fog lights etc) popping up regularly.

Here's a good starting point, the OFFICIAL mot inspection manual for cars and light commercial vehicles. Apologies if this has been posted before.

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m3i00000101.htm

It's worth looking at all 3 columns on each section - the first column tells you which vehicles it applies to and from what year etc. The second column tells you the method of inspection so if you see them swinging the club hammer at your pride and joy's chassis section, you know they are doing it wrong. The third section is the most important section for most people. This column states the reason for rejection (RfR) and it's worth remembering that if the reason for an item failing aint in this column, then it aint a fail! Other 'keywords' to pay particular attention to in the RfR column are 'excessive', 'serious', 'abnormal' and the suchlike. In other words, wear, corrosion, play and all those other descriptive words that apply to testable items. In other words, something has to be SERIOUSLY wrong to fail AT THE TIME OF THE TEST. Not in the future. HTH.

Moderator+ Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Re: MOT forum

Sounds like a good idea to me

boXXer

Spanner Monkey

Thanks