User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Duratec equipped cars came with singlemass flywheels? Where to buy secondhand?

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Which Duratec equipped cars came with singlemass flywheels? Where to buy secondhand?

Hi all,

My sister in law is visiting us in NZ and I was hoping I might locate a singlemass flywheel to suit my 2001 2.0 Duratec cheap from the UK. I have had a quick look on the bay of E but not had much look. I am wondering what cars came with singlemass flywheels and then I can look those up instead. I might have more luck.

Its a budget project so much as I'd love to just buy a posh new SMF to suit I just cant afford one. Second hand it has to be.

I'll be using the standard Mondeo starter motor and bolting a NB mx5 box on via a FB Rx7 bellhousing and my own adaptor plate (I cant afford the prices people command for mx5 NC boxes here!!!)

Any help/suggestions/offers of cheap flywheels would be much appreciated!

I need to get whatever I buy to Oxford by Friday 2nd March

Alex

Racer Decade Plus User Forest_rallying's Avatar

Thanks

Re: Which Duratec equipped cars came with singlemass flywheels? Where to buy secondha

I think the Fiesta ST 150 Duratec has the type of flywheel that you are looking for.

Racer Decade Plus User Forest_rallying's Avatar

Thanks

Re: Which Duratec equipped cars came with singlemass flywheels? Where to buy secondha

There's a complete flywheel and clutch on ebay for £59. Flywheels are approx £40.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest_rallying For This Useful Post:

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Hey awesome- thanks so very much. I just had a look and I have asked for the weight on one item and if its within her allowance etc I get it! Cheers.

alex

Racer Decade Plus User wildo105e's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Which Duratec equipped cars came with singlemass flywheels? Where to buy secondhand?

I have an st150 flywheel and I am not sure she will thank you for having to carry it😄. Not sure I could get it to her for that date tho as am away with work all week.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

It's OK cheers. I'll be coming over to the UK in July so might source one then.

Racer Decade Plus User wildo105e's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

👍

Bodger

Thanks

Just use the mondeo flex plate, I had a twin disk built by quartermaster from the flex plate for $800 and it came with a $250 hydraulic release bearing that you could convince them to leave out. What you're trying to do is probably going to require a custom clutch anyways since I doubt theres a clutch that fits an off the shelf flywheel but has the right spline for the miata transmission.

How do you get the NB 6 speeds so cheap over there, they're like $650 over here because all the track guys blow them up at 350hp and just change them when they blow a couple times a season. No one wants the NC ones. If you're going to make an adapter plate for the tranny use the BMW trannies that everyone is swapping to that can actually hold some power.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

I have a couple for sale if you're in need.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Hi- would you be able to weigh one for me then. I'll be over in July and I was going to start perusing ebay etc for one but if hey- if you have one spare and the price/weight is OK that makes things easy :-)

+ Reply to Thread