User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: advice on engine prices

Bodger

Thanks

advice on engine prices

help and advice please, gonna be putting two engines up for sale soon, but i dunno how much they are worth, just wnat some rough pricing

engine one, 200 miles since refresh, 1660cc, weber 34/36 single carb, mexico gt head, alternator, starter motor, fuel pump, oil and water pump, coil, leads, clutch and fly wheel; A plug and play job

engine two; 1700cc freshly put together, 1300 pistons, piper 285 cam, stage 3 head, ported and matched head for 45s/ inlet, pinto clutch. duplex timing chain, cam cover with the middle bit removable, high pressure water and oil pump, double valve springs massive valves inlet and outlet, shallow hot rod sump , new head gaske correct sieze for compression ratio £40, spark plugs and leads and coil, dizzy etc painted in blue.

needs bottom end tighting , the bloke i bought it off reckons 145 i reckon 115 ish.

cheers adam

Pole Position Decade Plus User POO SLINGER's Avatar

Thanks

Re: advice on engine prices

i sold a 1700 xflow, stage 3 head, standard cam, hepolite pistons and with a pair of twin 40 webers in resonable nick, 108bhp for £700 just over a year ago.
    ROSS KENDALL
    CHECK OUT MY VIDEO'S http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRossKendall

Part of the furniture Decade Plus User Ratters's Avatar

Thanks

Re: advice on engine prices

mine was +.090 with 1300 pistons, l&B, 270 cam, vulcan big valve unleaded head, bike carbs & manifold plus ALL ancilaries - ready to drop straight in - plus i had reciepts for the bottom end & carbs as i had the engine built in 2006 - £700

+ Reply to Thread