User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cosworth turbo???

Thanks

cosworth turbo???

ive put a cosworth yb into my capri and want to up the power a bit. at the moment its running 300 bhp ish on greens and a t34 3 bar map sensor. the turbo died and ive replaced it with a t3 which isnt doing the car any favours and im getting alot of play in the shaft already. i bought a t38 turbo in error off ebay instead of a t34 and am wondering how easy and how costly it would be to put that on. can i just change the injectors and get it mapped properly or is there alot more too it. i tried it on before i put the t3 on and it was extremely laggy.
    not really had alot to do with turbos

any help greatly received

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Re: cosworth turbo???

I'm sure the limit on 803's dark green injectors is about 380bhp

If your engine is standard internally then i think around 350bhp is good for reliability. My 2wd saph runs about this and i use it as my daily drive to work, i've got low compression pistons, 803's, t34, 25psi etc and it's been really reliable over the last year.

I used to have the T3 on and it would hold 21psi and felt ok but after fitting the t34 once you get over 10psi it just takes off and much more of a kick.

I think that when you get nearer 400bhp you need to start replacing more of the internal parts and it can get expensive quite quickly to do it propperly. For big power it's also better to have the 4x4 200 block also as it's stronger as standard.

300bhp yb in a capri must be mental, is it still on a live axle?

Pit Crew Decade Plus User Leecossie's Avatar

Thanks

A good well sorted T3 is perfect for 280 300bhp the T34 if it has a .63 exhaust housing is good for 380bhp and the T38 will go over 400bhp. it will be ok with the greens but will be very laggy imho i would sell the T34 and T38 and get the T3 sorted out to a top spec turbo, this will cut the lag allot. hope that helps and if im wrong about anything im sure one of the boffs will let you no.

The only way is sideways!!!

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

really depends what you want, i have a standard engine on a t34.63, greens , 500 cooler , 3 bar,cone filter, turbo cooler, ally rad the usual stage 3 , it pulls a very nice 350ish bhp, aint laggy imo. The t38 would be fine with some siemens injectors,larger cooler, an inlet cam possible bd12(dont need to pocket the pistons iirc) and a remap will see you around 400ish bhp. Not oo exspensive to achive

Bodger

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by righthooker View Post
    really depends what you want, i have a standard engine on a t34.63, greens , 500 cooler , 3 bar,cone filter, turbo cooler, ally rad the usual stage 3 , it pulls a very nice 350ish bhp, aint laggy imo. The t38 would be fine with some siemens injectors,larger cooler, an inlet cam possible bd12(dont need to pocket the pistons iirc) and a remap will see you around 400ish bhp. Not oo exspensive to achive
    good idea....

Thanks

thanks for the help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yellowcapri View Post
    I'm sure the limit on 803's dark green injectors is about 380bhp

If your engine is standard internally then i think around 350bhp is good for reliability. My 2wd saph runs about this and i use it as my daily drive to work, i've got low compression pistons, 803's, t34, 25psi etc and it's been really reliable over the last year.

I used to have the T3 on and it would hold 21psi and felt ok but after fitting the t34 once you get over 10psi it just takes off and much more of a kick.

I think that when you get nearer 400bhp you need to start replacing more of the internal parts and it can get expensive quite quickly to do it propperly. For big power it's also better to have the 4x4 200 block also as it's stronger as standard.

300bhp yb in a capri must be mental, is it still on a live axle?
    yeah still running leaf springs, can be alot of fun, im running a 1.6 axle with lsd aswell
    need to improve my pod times though so need more power

+ Reply to Thread