User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Road Rally 205 GTi

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Re: Road Rally 205 GTi

Fun to see a clean 205 prepared for rallying. Here in France, it's a sacrilege for most of peugeot's integrists

Thanks

Thank you Seb, alothough it is not looking very clean at the moment.

A few little pics from Caerwent. No nice phots from Sunday as they are quite strict on who is allowed in.

Ready to go with our tribute to Jaffa

Boys fixing the damage after a little off

Poor Pugsley stranded on the grass after spinning off the road and refusing to start.

Thanks

Its been a bust few days. First thing to sort was the starting issue. Removed the started and replaced it with a working one and problem solved. Made a start then at fixing the bodywork damage. Not finished yet as I have the bumper to reapir and paint and then pop it back on the car and it ll be ready for Brawdy stages on Sunday.

Bodger

Thanks

few boys have put a diesel starter motor on the gti as ther a bit more heavy duty apparently and if you fancy some more filler and paint work you can come do my car

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhodrievans View Post
    few boys have put a diesel starter motor on the gti as ther a bit more heavy duty apparently and if you fancy some more filler and paint work you can come do my car
    Yeah i had read about using a diesel one.. may well invest in one, using this one now just to get it running.

I bloody hate filler work and the prep for painting is a right pain in the ass so I think your on your own Rhods

Bodger

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arwel View Post
    Yeah i had read about using a diesel one.. may well invest in one, using this one now just to get it running.

I bloody hate filler work and the prep for painting is a right pain in the ass so I think your on your own Rhods

dam thats no good ha

Thanks

Car 32 down in Brawdy tomorrow. Should be a good day and looking forward to get back out there and get some confidence back

Thanks

Good today at Brawdy

Thanks

Finished 27th overall and got 3rd in class down Brawdy yesterday. Bit gutted as I lost 2nd in class by 8 seconds as I span on the last stage but never mind. Had a couple of spins through the day and a few comings together with some of the scenery but not too bad.

Need to check a few things out now as there are a couple of problems that have been highlighted so we ll see how we get on with them.

Thanks

Pit Crew Decade Plus User

Thanks

Looks quick

Thanks

SS4, best stage of the day. Bad fuel surge on first loop.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m88E_...ature=youtu.be

Thanks

So I was planning on having a quite month or 2 to get the rally car looking good and restock my tyres but it didnt quite go to plan..

Picked this up today after a last minute ebay bid whilst being bored at work

Its really clean example with a few nice bits on it.. loads of history and runs great. It'll be ideal as a re shell as its solid but at the same time it may well be too good to strip and would make a real nice road car. We'll see

Thanks

Well its been a quiet couple of months on the Pug front. I was stuck in plaster until the middle of September so its only the last few weeks I've been able to crack on with things. I did compete down in Dale.. but as a navigator.. finished 6th O/A and 1st in class.. never thought I'd get a result like that.. especially in the silly seat.

Back to the Pug. Our motor club ( Amman & District ) organised a road rally last weekend. I spent a lot of time peeling off all the stickers as I was using the car in an official capacity. However the car had other ideas. It has began using a lot of water and was eventually traced to a failed inlet manifold gasket. That has now been changed as it back up and running again. I've done a fair bit of testing with the car now and am happy with how it all goes and that I can cope with the steering following my broken wrist. So Peter Lloyd Stages is a week today (21st October ) at Pembrey circuit. Very strong competition in our class but a big push will be on and if I can get in the top 3 I will be very happy. Car is pretty much ready to go so just need to sort out a few other little things and we re good to go.

Thanks

Peter Lloyd Rallying stages all done and dusted yesterday. Finished 37th o/a and 6th in class. Had a little coming together with some tyres on the first stage which resulted in a slightly dented rear quarter but apart from that it was a clean run all day. Our standard engine showed on this event though as the stages were really quick and we were outpaced all day pretty much by everyone in our class. We were happy to get round and finish as it was quite slippy all day and many people fell victim to the conditions and retired. Yesterday was the last round of the Steve Harkness Welsh Tarmac Championship for me and I am happy to report that we won our class, not a bad effort at all for our first year doing stage events.

Next event is the AMC Showground stages on 11th November. Its a nice local event and will be a good bit of fun. Hopefully the car will be a bit more competitive there in the class as there wont be many real fast sections.

Thanks

Hi Arwel,

I went down for the day yesterday and thought you looked like you were going really well.

Cheers
    Matt

Bodger

Thanks

mi16 next arwel im siure you were jelouse of how many more valves i had

Thanks

Cheers Matt.. I just couldnt drive it any quicker on Sunday so Rhods.. I think you may be right lol... watch this space. Here's a few on boards from SS1 and SS2. Key moments. SS1 watch you for the tyres... SS2.. trying some rallycross.

SS1
    http://youtu.be/en9QlJazUS4

SS2
    http://youtu.be/z5Avt1zSYGs

Thanks

Competed on the AMC Showground stages yesterday. It was a cheap entry and a chance to end the year for me with a bit of fun. My nav had never navigated before so we were out purely for fun. I had a tip off the day before that even though it was tarmac the stages were very slippy and a lot of mud covered a fair bit of it so I threw some old forestry tyres onto the car for the morning loop. 10 stages made up the day. 1&2 were run back to back and proved to be very slippy which resulted in a coming together with a haybale on stage 1 which broke a headlight, bent a wing and cracked the bumper. Apart from that no further incidents took place but we set out to please the speccies and the handbrake was used more than what it has ever been before.. some big slides going on all day. We finished 32nd Overall and 11th in class.

Some big plans are in place now before the new season starts. Looking at an MI16 engine to go in, rebuild the rear beam and fit a bigger ARB along with giving the car a much needed tidy up as it has had a hard year this year.

So, next update will probably be the car in bits. Thanks for for following the thread this year, its been an eventful one to say the least. Not sure what the plans are for next year at the moment, maybe defend my class 5 Championship and have a go over the Epynt Ranges but I also wouldn't mind a go at a forestry event too so we shall see how it goes.

Thanks
    Arwel

Thanks

MI16 engine was picked up this afternoon. Its going to have a little freshen up over the next couple of months and a few new bits and pieces.

Thanks

The strip down has started. Its been hampered by the typical 24 year old rusty, rounded off nuts and bolts but we're getting there slowly. Hopefully get the engine out on Monday and the rest of the work can begin.

Thanks

Another evening spent in the garage tonight. Engine is nearly ready to be removed, interior is pretty much stripped out and the damaged wing has been removed.

Thanks

Engine,box and steering rack are out of the car now. So thats the front part of the de assembly sorted. Start on the inner wing this week and the wiring and then look at getting the rear beam off. We think we found the cause of the mystery vibration too. Drivers side shaft was ruined and not only that but the gearbox seemed to have lost 3 of its bolts which couldn't have been helping things.

and the customary "me in the engine bay" pic

My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

I had a 1.9 when i was 19, the gearbox bolts kept working loose on that too.

Thanks

Little bit more done tonight. Dash has now been pulled apart to free some space to sort the wiring out and had a good look at the MI16 loom to sort out what goes where and what we need and what we dont need.

Thanks

Work began on repairing the inner wing tonight. Managed to tidy up one section and weld a plate in. Phill done a top job with the welder and Neil sorted the MI loom out whilst I minced about taking photos

Still a fair bit of repairs needed but we're getting there.

Racer Decade Plus User mexicotait's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Sorry to hijack but is there any chance you hace a 1.9 gti wheel
    Just need one for a spare
    Hexham and District Motorclub

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

great car good luck with the engine swap

Bodger

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mexicotait View Post
    Sorry to hijack but is there any chance you hace a 1.9 gti wheel
    Just need one for a spare
    i have a few in white if your in need of some

Racer Decade Plus User mexicotait's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Road Rally 205 GTi

I might be going to get one next week off a guy who is local but if not i will be in touch
    Thanks
    Hows the engine swap going ?
    Hexham and District Motorclub

Thanks

Been a quiet few days on the car as I have been busy with a few other things, mainly being in Llandrindod Wells over the weekend for the WAMC awards night which got messy. Got to bed around 4:30 in the morning.. good times.

Anyway.. even though no actual work has been done the parts have started to arrive. Hydraulic handbrake kit has arrived and a new grp A lower engine mount bush has been ordered along with BBM MI16 coolant hoses..ahh well.. Payday Thursday so the remaining parts can be ordered. Back to work on it tomorrow evening so more updates coming soon

Thanks

Inner wing has now been repaired and the wiring is nearly sorted. Old 8v loom has been taken out and the MI16 loom is now in place ready to be connected. Its starting to get there now.

Thanks

Few more hours spent in the garage again. Managed to get the tank guards off.. one bolt was a bitch to get to and then rounded itself off so out came the disc cutter. Exhaust is now fully off the car, grounded back and sealed some more repair work and got the rear off the ground so the beam is ready to come off. Found a nasty hole in the sill though so thats more work to add to the list.

Thanks

No more pictures at the moment. Work is being done on the wiring at the moment. Battery to be re located to the boot so a new power lead has been run through and a lot of un needed wiring chopped out and new wiring to replace old damaged stuff. Need to get some new pipes made up for the power steering rack and sort some fuel and brake lines. Sump is now off the engine and all looks well so just need to pop the baffle inside and then fit some new coolant hoses and we wont be far off dropping the engine in then.

Thanks

Engine now in

Thanks

So much gone on since Feb. Engine is now running. A freshly rebuilt rear beam is back on the car and the front end is all back together. Some wiring to tidy up now and interior and its nearly done.

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Going well in them vids keep up the good work
    4 doors for the lanes........and shopping

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jon jkd View Post
    Going well in them vids keep up the good work
    Cheers.. hopefully going a lot better the next rally

Thanks

Right then.. its been on the move the last few days.. not under its own steam unfortunately but its been moved to a better lit garage for wiring to be finished off. Wont be long now

Thanks

It left the garage under its own steam yesterday

Had a few teething problems after a little run which took a while to sort but we got there. Took it for a little spin through some lanes in the evening and its unbelievable. So aggressive in the power delivery and the way it handles now is amazing. Few road miles to put under its belt now and it'll be well on its way for a return to competition.

+ Reply to Thread