User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rally Design Pedal Box Return Springs

Bodger

Thanks

Rally Design Pedal Box Return Springs

Before I plead for help, I now know I should of bought a Gartrac one, lesson well and truly learned.

Its a Mk2, cable clutch pedal box, I bought it about 10 years ago but the rebuild has only just got to the stage of fitting the new brakes. It's in the car after much modification and general buggering about but now I'm stumped. How do you fit the clutch and brake return springs?

There is a small hole on the side of the frame under the clutch pedal but there doesn't appear to be anywhere on the pedal itself for the spring to clip onto. If the spring is fitted into this hole the spring appears to be too long anyway to clip onto the pedal at any point. I've tried by clipping it to the end of the pedal and drilling a more suitable hole in the side of the frame but then the spring catches on the cable.

For the brake return spring there doesn't appear to any provision made at all. Is this correct? After many hours searching opinion seems divided on if one is required. However on the Gartrac one, yes I know I should have bought one, there is one from the frame by the brake light switch to the side of the pedal.

Can anyone please provide a photo if possible of how you've done it, and don't say you threw it out and bought one from Gartrac.....

Mechanic

Thanks

Re: Rally Design Pedal Box Return Springs

My pedal box has a spring on the clutch (its a cable clutch), doesn't on the brake, its a good quality box, Ralloy i believe made it, (not gartrac) i purchased it from Montgomery motorsport in northern ireland. On the Ralloy site it looks like the hydraulic model doesn't have a spring on the clutch, but the cable clutch does, maybe you dont need a spring....

No Spring:
    https://www.ralloy.com/ral145-balanc...ch_c40p160.php

Spring:
    https://www.ralloy.com/ral144-balanc...ch_c40p159.php

3. The Following User Says Thank You to muckerbarry For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread