User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jag v6 (AJ 30) to RWD

Thanks

Jag v6 (AJ 30) to RWD

Hi Guy's, Still doing my Mk1 only been 16 years but as my mum always used to say you can't hurry a good thing. My questions are about another project i have in mind to do and that is to install a v6 Jag engine the AJ30 variant which is a ford item, into my MX5 and was wondering what sump would be the best to use if there is one that would not need modding and does the 2.5 ST200 inlet manifold bolt straight on? any other tips would be welcome too.

Bodger

Thanks

Re: Jag v6 (AJ 30) to RWD

Have you looked at the Rocketeer website?

They do the V6 conversions on the MX5,looks to be very nice stuff,but not cheap.

After looking at the sump they supply I can't see that any standard Duratec V6 sump will fit the MX5 without modding.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Someone used the sump off a mazda tribute to fit into the RWD capri. Might be worth a look?

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

if you really end up stuck I have a couple of unused titan dry sumps along with the lifter pumps and brackets that i could sell for a fraction of what they cost... I bought a a few of these kits in the hope they would suit my engine however as they are from a longitudal package i cant use them on my car as the pump is were the driveshaft goes
    Perfect for a capri or MX5 with a Jag or duratec V6 though

Its a bolt on job as they use the original pump for pressure and the lifter pump moves the oil to a tank... means you get loads of room under the sump AND never have oil surge ever again.

Id be looking for around £600... not cheap i know, but also not bad as the kits would cost £1500 plus VAT
    Last edited by andygtt; 25-09-2018 at 16:27.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

BTW the st200 intake manifold wont fit, because the runners are differnt shape, the ST220 one might be able to be made to fit.

+ Reply to Thread