User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ZXR400 L9 for sale/swap

Thanks

ZXR400 L9 for sale/swap

Extremely reluctant decision to potentially part with my ZXR400, but due to it being a tad small for me and my knees are getting painful (bad cartilage), I think it may now be wise to get a bigger bike since I didn't have any troubles with my GSXR600 K1.

MOT'ed to December and taxed to October. Bike is running superb at present and is my daily commuter to/from work, just over 60 miles a day. Present mileage is 18k and I bought it November 2008 from Bikeworld for 3 grand when it had 1,950 miles on it. No accidents in the time I've owned it (apart from slight brush against a car pulling into side of me, no damage though).

Recent new parts (within last couple of months) include chain and sprockets, iridium plugs, forks with good seals in, oil/filter change (3 days ago), double bubble black screen, battery, brake pads and fluids, iginition barrell, etc. The only main other alterations are a K&N air filter and stainless headers with Scorpion Titanium can and a Meta 257T alarm/immobiliser. Rear tyre is a Michelin 180/60/R17 with loads of tread left and front is a Supercorsa, again with ample tread left. These combined provide excellent handling and grip.

As the bike is 9/10 years old, it has paddock stand marks/scratches on rear swingarm and a couple of scratches on frame from where tank was taken off/put on a few times (regular servicing and restrictor kit adding/removal). Also the right hand side fairing as some warping in the air vents due to heat from headers, although bike has never overheated and fan works fine.

Ideally looking for a larger bike like a ZX6R or similar as a straight swap for around the ₤1600 mark, or will take px and cash my way if bike is right. Can't sell immediately unless there is a bike ready to get me to/from work as I hate using the trains.

Naturally the bike has been looked after due to using it every day and it needs to be reliable, although never been thrashed. It has only had air between the tyre and tarmac once, and that was by accident a couple of days back. It was also 33bhp restricted until last month.

It has odd coloured wheels, but a set of all black or all green are available as the best tyres were put on bike at the time.

Located in Basildon, Essex.

Thanks

Re: ZXR400 L9 for sale/swap

Yee have a PM Chap!
    1380 or 1293 turbo
    Drive a BMW? i'd rather Push My Mini!

Thanks

Therefore it is absolutely essential that the bikes be in top shape and are built using the best motocross parts that are available in the aftermarket industry. A faulty dirt bike could spell disaster for a racer going high speeds on the outdoor course.

In the aftermarket industry, parts of motocross bikes fall under highly spe cialized motorcycle categories. That is to say, bikes from different manufacturers will have different manufactured parts and in this highly specialized sport, there can be no compromise. So, a Yamaha bike will have differently structured parts available as compared to a Kawasaki ZXR400 bike for example.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Im interested in the zxr, would you swap for gsxr 600? plus cash my way?
    Last edited by charliesearles; 15-04-2011 at 12:52.

World Champion Decade Plus User Pitstop's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

I doubt if he's still got it - the original post is a year old now!

+ Reply to Thread