User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advise please

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Advise please

Hi all looking for a bit of advise I'm currently putting the parts together to build another 2.0 Duratec engine for my Westfield. So far I have some supertec pistons, k1 rods arp main studs, looking to get sbd to dowel the crank.
    im thinking of running Kent dtec35 cams in the later hi port head is it worth getting ported ? I'm looking to achieve around 240-250bhp.
    Lin my current set up its making 215bhp on 45mm jenveys with a Simpson manifold are the 45mm large enough for 250bhp ?

hope that makes some sense thanks in advance Glenn

Racer Decade Plus User wildo105e's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Advise please

There is a great thread on here by Eric he has a similar spec but with a ported head and got 270 bhp on 45mm itb’s. I’ll drop a link on later for you 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Re: Advise please

Thanks very much.

Racer Decade Plus User wildo105e's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthre...=627342&page=7

last post page 7 gives you the engine spec but read back through, there is loads of good info throughout.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wildo105e For This Useful Post:

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Thanks bud great read.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosworthwesty View Post
    Hi all looking for a bit of advise I'm currently putting the parts together to build another 2.0 Duratec engine for my Westfield. So far I have some supertec pistons, k1 rods arp main studs, looking to get sbd to dowel the crank.
    im thinking of running Kent dtec35 cams in the later hi port head is it worth getting ported ? I'm looking to achieve around 240-250bhp.
    Lin my current set up its making 215bhp on 45mm jenveys with a Simpson manifold are the 45mm large enough for 250bhp ?

250bhp is very achievable with those parts the dtec35 cams are spot on just make sure you use the high compression pistons, one of the reasons mine made good power was a BTB manifold linked to a 3 inch system. The 45 Jenveys are on there limit and a flowed head is advisable if you want the best results.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosworthwesty View Post

250bhp is very achievable with those parts the dtec35 cams are spot on just make sure you use the high compression pistons, one of the reasons mine made good power was a BTB manifold linked to a 3 inch system. The 45 Jenveys are on there limit and a flowed head is advisable if you want the best results.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Thanks Eric I'm using supertec pistons. What valve springs did you use with the dtec35 cams?

These ones stay clear of the Kent type http://www.burtonpower.com/cosworth-...ft-kk3459.html

11. The Following User Says Thank You to eric For This Useful Post:

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    These ones stay clear of the Kent type http://www.burtonpower.com/cosworth-...ft-kk3459.html
    What's wrong with the Kent cam springs? That's what I have, you got me worried now lol

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itsawindupuk View Post
    What's wrong with the Kent cam springs? That's what I have, you got me worried now lol
    Hi,

The Kent Duratec springs have had failures, if you google it your find more info. The Cosworth springs are well tested and noun to be reliable

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

That made interesting reading. It looks like it's the parallel springs which are the cause. I have the beehive type springs which has less resonance. Fingers crossed ��

+ Reply to Thread