User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Supercharged duratec dyno result

Bodger

Thanks

Supercharged duratec dyno result

Well, just back from AT Speed in Essex. Firstly I must say that they have done a brilliant job on the car considering the poor state of tune when it arrived. Very friendly and knowledgable too so highly recommended by me...

Set off at 5:30 this morning, so a little tired. Arrived at dyno around 8:45 due to traffic

Arrived and there was a Mk2 (i think) Cortina on the rollers fitted with bike carbs. Very nice car.

Got mine on the rollers about 915 and strapped down. All the usual checks carried out. Lamda and boost connected up etc etc.

No major problems other thank chucking a load of water over the floor in the first hour. No belt or clutch slip which was what I was concerned about.

Took around 3 hours all together.

A little nerve racking to start with, but soon settled in and spent most of my time in the dyno bay being nosey!

Final results were less than I was hoping for, but never mind. There's less boost than I was aiming for which is the main reason why. It made around 0.8bar (12psi) when everything was really hot - so will probably make a little more on the road where the IAT are a little lower.

I think the end result was good considering its on standard duratec cams and its essentially all bodged together in my garage!

Final result...

223.4bhp and 195.5lbft at the wheels - add 20% for losses (as recommended by ATSpeed) and thats a healthy 268bhp and 230lbft at the flywheel.

Peak power at 6000rpm and torque at 5300rpm. So the limiter is now fixed at 7k although the run stops at 6500rpm.

From 3000rpm up theres 150lbft at the wheels.

I am just uploading some vids to youtube and will post links when they are done (about an hour!)

Higher resolution graph here:

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/DURATEC%20SC.JPG

My supercharged Duratec locost page :
    gtslocost.locostsites.co.uk

Mechanic

Thanks

Re: Supercharged duratec dyno result

Well done, will make for a very spirited drive in such a light car.....

Re: the boost.. How, Why the difference in what you were aiming for? Any plans for pulley changes?

Has been great reading the build of this weapon.

Shaun

Bodger

Thanks

Re: Supercharged duratec dyno result

Thanks

It made a little less boost due to the inlet ait temps getting up to around 35deg on the dyno. On the road they never get above 25deg as the airflow is a lot better. We saw the effect throughout the day, started off wil around 14psi, then the final run recorded 12psi. So the power did drop off a little toward the end of the day. I didnt get a power plot from earlier in the day.

Its good fun, and the low down torque is nice and makes for a relaxing drive should you want it!
    My supercharged Duratec locost page :
    gtslocost.locostsites.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread