User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blackline GP4 Halftshafts

Bodger

Thanks

Blackline GP4 Halftshafts

I know Rally Design don't have the best reputation but the sales pitch for their Blackline fully floating GP4 half shafts reads well, especially for the price. Has anyone used these in competition and would you recommend them?

While I'm asking, has anyone ever used Rally Designs fully floating hub kit?

Racer Decade Plus User wildo105e's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Re: Blackline GP4 Halftshafts

TBH you get what you pay for with Rally design. Never used the driveshafts, but stuff i have had over the years varies in quality. I only ever order braided brakeline fittings from them and even then their system charges you huge postage and you have to nag them to reduce this. There are companies out there that will supply all you need if you are building your own axle. Gartrac , Race in stoke, evans and sons, motorsport tools uk, GP4 fabrications and many more.

Never used gartrac but their reputation is second to none. All the rest deliver quickly and efficiently and have good reputations (i have used all the last 3). For various things but RACE have a good rep for axles and parts.
    Last edited by wildo105e; 29-12-2018 at 11:48.

Bodger

Thanks

I've bought axles from Gartrac and Squires in the past and if money were no object I'd buy from either of them again but I'm on a budget with this car and I accept that the Blackline shafts are unlikely to be the best that money buys but that might not mean they're useless which is why I wondered if anyone had used them.

Just to say, I'm going to be putting 240hp/190lbft through them at tops, on gravel, the car's not going to be a 300hp+ monster with big sticky tarmac rubber.

Racer Decade Plus User wildo105e's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 365 View Post
    I accept that the Blackline shafts are unlikely to be the best that money buys but that might not mean they're useless which is why I wondered if anyone had used them.
    I am with you on that as i am looking at atlas diffs at the moment and wonder if blackline one will suit my purpose. As they won't need to be super top end. just havene't heard anything good or bad. It's hard being the first to find out

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

3J all the way, same price. Most products from RD in my experience are of second grade quality.

+ Reply to Thread