User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hydraulic hand brake and wilwood bias adjuster

Bodger

Thanks

hydraulic hand brake and wilwood bias adjuster

(proportion valve) Cant make the to bleed rightwhen i try to pull the hand brake it brings the brake pedal up.....is that odd? might have the handbrake mc pipes the opposite way,tried it with bias closed and open...
    Last edited by westy turbo; 12-07-2010 at 17:28.

Re: hydraulic hand brake and wilwood bias adjuster

Sounds wrong - handbrake should not affect the foot pedal if plumbed in correctly. When you pull the handbrake does it have any effect on the back wheels? If not, then you must have it plumbed back to front.

Bodger

Thanks

Ur right,it should be wrong as the 1st(front line from sevro pump)goes to the proportion valve and then to the first inlet of the hydro hand brake(the closest to the hand brake gaiter)then from the outlet of the prporion valve,to the second and "outside" inlet of the hydro handbarakend into the rear brakes,also the proportion valve if am correct,it should be hooked up on the rear circuit,so not before the hand brake right?

Ok, so as far as I am aware it should be as follows:

Master cylinder piped to bias valve inlet.
    Bias valve outlet to inlet of hydraulic handbrake cylinder
    Outlet of hydraulic handbrake cylinder to rear brakes.

Make sure you have the handbrake adjusted so that the cylinder is fully returned when released.
    If correctly done the foot brake will pass fluid through the bias valve and through the handbrake cylinder without restriction. This is because the internal valving of the handbrake cylinder will be 'open' when fully released.
    When you pull the handbrake the cylinder will 'close' the inlet port and push the remaining fluid in the cylinder to the rear brakes. This operation is the same as the master cylinder in relation to the brake fluid reservoir if that makes sense.

Hope this helps. Assuming I am right in what I have put...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marigold For This Useful Post:

Bodger

Thanks

Thanks for ur reply it was backwords...at the hydro handbrake....now its ok,dont have my brake pedal lift up as u pull th handbarke lol,1 think though......the presure is ok but the rear calipers dont do much....and the had an overhaul.....weird....even when i pull the hand brake,it doesnt seem that does much.....it feels too soft.....

Glad you got it sorted. Make sure you have the rear brakes well bled. A soft feel is usually down to them needing bleeding. I know some setups can be a pain to bleed properly. I have tried doing a standard mini with drums all round using a cheep pressure bleeding kit. Gave up in the end as I coudn't get it as hard as I wanted. Sent it to the garage who got it spot on.

+ Reply to Thread