User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Mini

Thanks

New Mini

Is anyone enlightened enough to tell me the difference between the (BMW) Mini One, Cooper, Cooper S, etc...

Many thanks.

boXXer

Re: New Mini

yes, they are all SCRAP.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Sponsor Broadmoor's Avatar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ESF View Post
    Is anyone enlightened enough to tell me the difference between the (BMW) Mini One, Cooper, Cooper S, etc...

Many thanks.
    And when you have that lot sussed..Start working on the Salt , Pepper and Chilli Pack which is just as confusing and means everything when it comes to re-sale values..
    ------------------------------------------------

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    My 3rd Project
    Thanks

Mini one is the basic level
    Cooper is basic plus a few extras
    Cooper S is top of the range with a super charger.

Buy the Diesel though ................... toyota lump goes like stink !!!!

Pole Position Decade Plus User POO SLINGER's Avatar

Thanks

later cooper s's are turbocharged and have 6 speed gearboxes, but don't buy them, they are a BIG car and are very cramped inside with no boot space.

oh and the mini clubmans look like a herse
    ROSS KENDALL
    CHECK OUT MY VIDEO'S http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRossKendall

Thanks

and there a complete arse to work on !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ESF View Post

Many thanks.
    Mini One = Very Slow
    Mini Cooper = Slow
    Mini D = Slow but feels OK
    Mini Cooper S = Just about fast

they're all just so bl**din heavy. I took a test drive in a Cooper thinking it'd be OK for my wife and she said it was really dull!!! So we tried a Cooper S and she still didn't like the fact that it didn't get up and go when you kicked it. I was told that was the fly-by-wire throttle opening gently to keep the emissions clean.

I reckon they look nice from the outside - but are just a real letdown to drive.

Bernie
    Last edited by bernih; 26-07-2010 at 13:47. Reason: pressed POST too soon

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    My 3rd Project
    Thanks

When i worked in the factory the diesel was by the best fun to drive, cooper s needed too much to wind it up.

I was in rectification so often had to test drive the cars, also stayed late at night / early morning when everyone had gone home a handful of us used to stay behind an dpark the cars up !!!

Pole Position Decade Plus User morcheen's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

they all the the biggest door mirrors in the world !!!! take them off and they would fly i bet

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

you can easily get a supercharged cooper S down in weight and present 4-5 second 0-6 times, they fly round corners once the weight comes out, I'd go for a generation 1 as they have an ironblock and supercharger rather than the aluminium block & turbo of the Citroen engined generation 2

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

I am on the mini forum (aimed at classic minis not Binis) and there is a constant stream of owners with a wide range of problems. For what is being sold as a premium small car they suffer from a wide range of stupid, but often expensive, problems. I know all cars have issues but they seem to be fault ridden from day one. Then they try to sell them as being like a classic mini, well where do I start........

Moderator+ Turbosport Moderator Longman's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    My 3rd Project
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tamworthbay View Post
    I am on the mini forum (aimed at classic minis not Binis) and there is a constant stream of owners with a wide range of problems. For what is being sold as a premium small car they suffer from a wide range of stupid, but often expensive, problems. I know all cars have issues but they seem to be fault ridden from day one. Then they try to sell them as being like a classic mini, well where do I start........
    Yeah but don't you just love the German and Japanese, quality, carry-on. Problems just seem to get brushed under the carpet compared to French, Italian and British marque's.

If Rover had have made the new Mini it would have been picked up on every single little imperfection and slated from the off. But it wouldn't have been half as expensive to fix...again another incidental that seems to go by-the-by.

Cant stand the things, the biggest marketing joke going...and everyone fell for it!

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

L
    Quote Originally Posted by Longman View Post
    Yeah but don't you just love the German and Japanese, quality, carry-on. Problems just seem to get brushed under the carpet compared to French, Italian and British marque's.

If Rover had have made the new Mini it would have been picked up on every single little imperfection and slated from the off. But it wouldn't have been half as expensive to fix...again another incidental that seems to go by-the-by.

Cant stand the things, the biggest marketing joke going...and everyone fell for it!
    spot on. The media were as much to blame as anyone in killing the British car industry. You look back at the cars made here then and whilst there were some crap ones there were some brilliant cars as well. Same goes with build quality. How many 70s French, Italian and jap cars do you see about? I remember going to Albert Looms scrapyard in Spondon for capri bits in the late 80s and there hundreds of datsuns with low mileage immaculate engines sat in them. They didn't take them out because the cars died of rust before you broke an engine.

+ Reply to Thread