User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Front Flat XPACK MK2 Front Indicators & Quarter Bumpers

Bodger

Thanks

Front Flat XPACK MK2 Front Indicators & Quarter Bumpers

After a bit of help please, I'm having problems fitting original quarter bumpers with the standard indicators to the front of my flat front xpack.

I made up new longer bumper irons to allow for the extra depth of the body kit and fitted the quarter bumpers with no problems. However I forgot about the depth of the indicator body. Unlike the original front panel which is recessed for the indicators the flat front xpack kit is not. Its intended to use MK1 indicators with no quarter bumpers and these recesses don't line up with the MK2 indicators.

I've looked at lots of photos of flat fronts with quarter bumpers and standard indicators on them so it can be done, but how? The easy way would be to cut a hole in the front of the kit to allow space for the indicator body, don't want to do that. I could space the bumper further out from the body kit, tried that but then the side bolt doesn't line up.

How has anyone else done it?

Mechanic

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Re: Front Flat XPACK MK2 Front Indicators & Quarter Bumpers

Hi Chris, if you’ve not come up with a solution yet ?
    How much extra space do you need ? Would it be possible to move the indicators forward enough in the bumpers ?
    Elongate the lugs on the indicators, redrill/ elongate the fixing holes in the bumper and use a small machine screw with a nylock nut to secure them ?

Bodger

Thanks

Re: Front Flat XPACK MK2 Front Indicators & Quarter Bumpers

I've had a quick look. The easy way is to move the bumper forward by spacers until the indicators clear. I tried one M10 nut on the nearside as a spacer and it almost did the job as the rear of the indicator body does line up with the recess for the MK1 indicator that the xpack kits were designed to use. However this does present the problem of the side bolt being at too much of an angle, need a longer one as well, to bolt up flat against the bumper. However I tried bending the head of a spare bolt to fix this and I'm going to try it this w/e.

However the offside is the real problem and will dictate far I need to space it as the indicator body does not line up very well with the recess in the body kit.

As for elongating the mounting holes in the indicators, thanks for the idea, never thought of that one, I'll have a look and see if that's feasible.

+ Reply to Thread