User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gartrac (or anyone's) pedal box - which way to turn the adjuster for front/rear bias?

Thanks

Gartrac (or anyone's) pedal box - which way to turn the adjuster for front/rear bias?

​So, this is pure laziness on my side!
    Just so I don't have to lie on my back, upside down, trying to work it out, which way do you turn the adjuster for front bias please?

If someone has their bias peddle box out, it will probably be quite easy/obvious but mines fitted and I'm connecting up a remote adjuster so rather than finding out on track I've gone fully rear............

Cheers

Dazzle

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

Re: Gartrac (or anyone's) pedal box - which way to turn the adjuster for front/rear b

surely that will depend on which way round you have the cylinders? assuming the front is the right cylinder when your sitting in the car, then clockwise should give you more front.
    a word of advise, some setups also need a seperate bias valve, you cannot always get enough adjustment on the pedal alone, obviously depending on master cylinder/caliper piston/wheel cylinder sizes
    Last edited by Graham; 07-05-2019 at 15:17.

Thanks

Re: Gartrac (or anyone's) pedal box - which way to turn the adjuster for front/rear b

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    surely that will depend on which way round you have the cylinders? assuming the front is the right cylinder when your sitting in the car, then clockwise should give you more front.
    a word of advise, some setups also need a seperate bias valve, you cannot always get enough adjustment on the pedal alone, obviously depending on master cylinder/caliper piston/wheel cylinder sizes
    Thanks bud, I'll check tonight but pretty sure front is on the right when sitting in the car.
    Clockwise also makes sense to me from when I did this before, screwed all the way in.
    I just didn't want to be a contortionist again, fitting into the foot well space , I'm getting old now
    When you say 'enough adjustment' which way are you thinking it will fail, not enough rear or not enough front?
    Cheers

Dazzle

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

usually you end up with too much rear effort, hence a lot of set ups ending up with a bias valve of some sorts in the rear circuit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    usually you end up with too much rear effort, hence a lot of set ups ending up with a bias valve of some sorts in the rear circuit
    Okay, that's what I thought you would have meant.
    My intention will be to go fully front and see how it reacts/handles then adjust if I feel necessary.
    To be fair, I never had any problems in the past so not too worried but I've had an adjuster in the drawer for so long, thought it might be worth while fitting it
    Cheers

Dazzle

Mechanic

Thanks

Deffo ditto to Graham on that report.

Racer Decade Plus User Forest_rallying's Avatar

Thanks

As Graham righty says the right hand cylinder viewed from the drivers seat normally serves the front brakes. Look up at the pedals as the foot brake is pressed and see which one moves first. Make sure the Rose joint slides from side to side freely in the pedal and the threads on the balance bar are n't seized.

If you do need to work on the pedal box it's much easier to remove the thing and work on it on the bench where access is far greater. It's a minefield to get a bias pedal box set and working correctly even for some of the makers of them that are totally unaware of how they operate.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply
    Cheers

Dazzle

+ Reply to Thread