User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Fast pinto

  1. #1
    Tyre Kicker

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Fast pinto

    Looking for complete pinto engine 160+ bhp
    Anyone
    Cheers

  2. #2
    Spanner Monkey

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Fast pinto

    hi
    i have one, block and head no manifolds, now i run it send me your email with pm and i will send you full details and video.

  3. #3
    Tyre Kicker

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Fast pinto

    Anyone?

  4. #4
    Spanner Monkey

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Fast pinto

    I have a complete engine for sale, at the moment on the car but i will sell it without carbs and manifolds. If you are interested send me your email with pm and i'll send you video info & price.

  5. #5
    TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    Graham's Avatar
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ely, Cambs
    Age
    52
    Posts
    23,556
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,764 Posts

    Re: Fast pinto

    Quote Originally Posted by Theyellowmex View Post
    Anyone?
    can build you one, but dont have anything ready to go

  6. #6
    Tyre Kicker

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Fast pinto

    Quote Originally Posted by ital_cossie View Post
    I have a complete engine for sale, at the moment on the car but i will sell it without carbs and manifolds. If you are interested send me your email with pm and i'll send you video info & price.
    Thanks for the offer but looking for something in uk at least
    Cheers

  7. #7
    Tyre Kicker

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Fast pinto

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    can build you one, but dont have anything ready to go
    Thanks graham i know if you built one it would be top notch but im looking for one i can drop in straight away without running in etc
    Cheers

  8. #8
    Tyre Kicker

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Fast pinto

    Bump
    Anyone?

  9. #9
    Bodger chrisis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    cyprus
    Age
    36
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Fast pinto

    if you can wait i will advise you to build one and know what you have.

    buying an uknown engine you will most propably end up rebuilding it anyways.

    the question is who really want to sell a good pinto engine nowdays.

  10. #10
    Pit Crew Forest_rallying's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,377
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 172 Times in 160 Posts

    Re: Fast pinto

    Quote Originally Posted by Theyellowmex View Post
    Thanks graham i know if you built one it would be top notch but im looking for one i can drop in straight away without running in etc
    Cheers
    Your problem is a decent Pinto's going to be quite expensive to buy especially if you looking for something around 160 bhp. There are n't many that sell a decent engine unless they are upgrading to a more modern one.

    If you let Graham build one for you at least you have peace of mind and you could have your head and cam to your desire and budget. If you already have carbs then I would go for a new build over someones shagged out second hand nail. I have bought second hand engines in the past and everyone has been a bag of shite and that includes one that was supposed to be the Dogs Danglies at the time.

  11. #11
    Tyre Kicker

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Fast pinto

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest_rallying View Post
    Your problem is a decent Pinto's going to be quite expensive to buy especially if you looking for something around 160 bhp. There are n't many that sell a decent engine unless they are upgrading to a more modern one.

    If you let Graham build one for you at least you have peace of mind and you could have your head and cam to your desire and budget. If you already have carbs then I would go for a new build over someones shagged out second hand nail. I have bought second hand engines in the past and everyone has been a bag of shite and that includes one that was supposed to be the Dogs Danglies at the time.
    I know what your saying.having one built is always going to be the best way trouble is i really dont want to be spending more than 2kish theres a few on ebay but like you say prob end up refreshing. I could do with a few ideas on costing for new build

  12. #12
    Pit Crew Forest_rallying's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    1,377
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 172 Times in 160 Posts

    Re: Fast pinto

    Quote Originally Posted by Theyellowmex View Post
    I know what your saying.having one built is always going to be the best way trouble is i really dont want to be spending more than 2kish theres a few on ebay but like you say prob end up refreshing. I could do with a few ideas on costing for new build
    Have a word with Graham or someone like Paul Gardner and let them know what your budget is and take it from there. As for ebay unless it's someone with good repute I would steer well clear.

  13. #13
    TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    Graham's Avatar
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ely, Cambs
    Age
    52
    Posts
    23,556
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,764 Posts

    Re: Fast pinto

    unfortunately 2K isnt going get you anything special! these days you can spend 1500 making a really knackered standard engine good again, but if you have a half decent donor engine that might be enough turn it into something quite good.

    what i normally do is pull someone's engine apart, see what shape its actually in, then sit down and discuss what they want from it, how they are going to use it and what sort of budget they have, for instance the last pinto i had to bits only got new rings and a hone on just one cylinder! the previous one had a reground crank, doweled lightened flywheel. rebored with forged pistons on resized yb rods and arp head studs, the aim for that was to prioritise strength and reliability over huge power. the one before that just had a top end rebuild, some porting and a cam. a full engine rebuild is usually somewhere between 1500 and 3500 as i said, it all depends on your budget, what you already have and what your trying to achieve, 3500 wouldn't even pay for the crank and rods that go into some engines!

  14. #14
    Spanner Monkey

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    wolverhampton
    Age
    53
    Posts
    237
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Fast pinto

    As Graham said he is the man to talk to about what you want from your engine he has built 2 pinto engines for my cars I have been really impressed with what he has done engine wise and people are wowed by the way my yellow Rs goes he is definatly the man to go to for a great job I gave Graham what I would like from my engine and he delivered I have done nearly 2000 miles in just over a year and loving it top guy thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts