User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ESC and temp sender

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

ESC and temp sender

Simple question regarding Zetec silvertop (hopefully sometime) running on a 91... ESC module. Which of the two senders in the Zetec thermostatic valve housing do I hook up to the ESC? The smaller, 1/8 NPT or so pointing downwards or the larger thread one on top?

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Re: ESC and temp sender

Quote Originally Posted by w9816 View Post
    Simple question regarding Zetec silvertop (hopefully sometime) running on a 91... ESC module. Which of the two senders in the Zetec thermostatic valve housing do I hook up to the ESC? The smaller, 1/8 NPT or so pointing downwards or the larger thread one on top?
    ...I guess the most obvious answer would be "use the sender off the car the ESC came from" but I have not been able to figure that one out either!

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

They look to both be two wire sensors that seem to differ as before and after thermostat - so would be equally of use depending on the ECU response curve required? The std. ECU hook up may have comparator circuits that use both inputs?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to katana For This Useful Post:

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katana View Post
    They look to both be two wire sensors that seem to differ as before and after thermostat - so would be equally of use depending on the ECU response curve required? The std. ECU hook up may have comparator circuits that use both inputs?
    Both are two wire sensors with somewhat different characteristics. One is 41 Kohm at room temperature, the other one 900 Ohm. But as I said, it may be that neither of them is actually correct for the ESC, it being out of another car.

+ Reply to Thread