Hey guys. I've got a set of early Italian (small bodied????) DCOE48s on my 2.3 pinto. The car made 191bhp on the rollers whilst setting up, but it was decided to stop there and run the car in properly before playing around with jetting etc to try and squeeze the last few ponies out of the old girl. Anyway, i've put a good few miles on it now and want to get it back on the rollers to see what it can really do. Its currently on 38mm chokes (this was decided by my engine builder so the car would drive nicely through the rev range as opposed to chasing numbers) but the car drives SO well at the moment i am happy to lose a little low down in search of bigger top end power. The problem i'm having is i don't seem to be able to find which chokes i need to suit the carbs? Some people say that DCOE 45 chokes fit inside the early 48s, and some say they don't. IF they do suit, i don't know which kind to go for. Is the venturi/choke design different in early DCOEs? Or is it the same as the later DCO/SP (152) type?

There are loads of sets on ebay, but i'm not sure which could be the right set for my car? Can anyone shed some light on the situation for me?

Thanks in advance!