User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Twin choke idle issue

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Twin choke idle issue

Hi all, having a bit of a do with my mk2 1600 Ghia auto crossflow carb. Its a twin choke 32/36 and was having idle and a flat spot issue when I bought it. I took the carb off today and stripped it all down (jets all out) and blew all the jets through and the orifices with carb cleaner. Replaced both diaphragms and used a new carb top and base gasket and securely tightened it down. It starts ok and revs out clean,no more flat spot anymore,but will idle for a few seconds then drop down until it nearly stalls then the idle comes back. Will do this every few seconds on idle. The only other thing I changed was a new float valve,but it revs out clean. Any ideas?

I support TS Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Subscriber

Thanks

Re: Twin choke idle issue

Check all vacuum hoses from inlet manifold to carb and brake booster and PCV for leaks or cracks.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Re: Twin choke idle issue

Thanks, I will check those, although i did fit new vacuum pipes and made sure they were clear. I did change the float valve for the new one in the kit and set the float level. Just wondering if this may be causing flooding on idle? Might try the old float valve again.

+ Reply to Thread