User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pinto running terrible again.

Thanks

Pinto running terrible again.

Peeps not been using the car for a few years and about six months ago I decided to turn it over.
    It took ages to start and when I eventually managed to start it after turning it over and over it would not tick over and it was backfiring a lot and the next day it wouldn't start again.
    It has an accuspark magnet in it so I thought it would be that so I let summer pass and I ordered another one and fitted it.
    I did start it today but again it was running terrible would not tick over.When it warmed up it was slightly better but still running rough as with a very very high lumpy tick over.
    Just wandering if anyone has any ideas before I start changing bits. I had a new set of plugs and a rotor arm but it hasn't made any difference.
    Cheers Chris.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Re: Pinto running terrible again.

Query - did you drain the fuel before the lay up? If not, its pretty much guaranteed this is fuel related. Modern pump piss fuel goes off in a matter of months and gunks up carb jets as it dries out - total PITA! If the ignition worked before its highly unlikely anything has changed by NOT working!

Thanks

Re: Pinto running terrible again.

No you are right. I keep forgetting about the crap in petrol carb off clean jets and fresh fuel.

+ Reply to Thread