User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cossie 4 pots onto standard Sierra uprights

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Cossie 4 pots onto standard Sierra uprights

Wherever I look I keep finding contradictory advice, so figured I’d come to the people I trust! I have a kit car that uses standard Sierra front uprights and I have a pair of cossie 4 pot brakes and discs that I would like to use on it. I didn’t expect them to bolt straight on but have seen mentioned a few times just needing to spacer the calliper or disc by 3mm and that they will fit. Tried them on my car today to check what was going to work best but found that depending on which side of the upright I bolt the calliper that I would either need a 24mm spacer behind the disc, or that I would need a disc that sits much further inboard would would start fowling on the upright.

So questions are, am I missing something/Doing something wrong? Do I need a different disc than the 2wd cossie one? and does anyone make a conversion bracket that would make this all bolt straight on?

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Re: Cossie 4 pots onto standard Sierra uprights

Have come to the conclusion, they just dont fit. Even bought some adaptor brackets that were supposedly for fitting cossie 4 pots onto standard uprights, they didnt help in the slightest.

+ Reply to Thread