User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newford Parts Centre

Bodger

Thanks

Thumbs down Newford Parts Centre

Paid £167 + £75 Shipping to Canada for what was advertised as a very good original Mk2 Cortina exhaust manifold which I was told had not been welded on and was coated in a high temperature paint.

My original manifold has stress cracks and brazing repairs which makes it next to impossible to get a good weld on it. I was looking for something I can bolt on and go with no extra work, especially for the price.

Nick assured me to the quality as I voiced my concerns about not wanting to end up with a low quality manifold. Shipping time was decent, got it in a week and a bit. Upon unboxing my eye was drawn to the repairs on one of the collectors.

I emailed Nick back to voice my disappointment since I was told I was getting a manifold which had not been welded on, and also with the paint flaking off due to rust underneath it will need to be recoated. Reply taken from my email in response

"These manifolds were welded like that.... I've seen loads of NEW ones that weren't much better.

I am guessing that this was painted some time ago... but my friend who I got it from said it was hi temp paint.

Probably could do with another coat."

I then followed up with this picture asking if he thinks this is a factory weld.

Reply was.. "

I didn't really notice that and it does look like a repair.... albeit on the underside.

It is the best manifold I have seen for a while and most repairs I have seen have been further down near the front pipe"

So either things are not checked to be as advertised before they are packaged and sent off, or they are seen and sent off in condition not as advertised. Especially with a repair that is the most visible thing on the manifold and when you're packaging it, how could you miss it.

Will not be a returning customer, if you're going to order used parts, would recommend getting photos beforehand.

Mechanic

Thanks

Re: Newford Parts Centre

That is disgusting customer service, looks to me like an old bodged manifold ,puffed over with no more than rattle can wheel silver.

World Champion Decade Plus User alladdin's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piekey View Post
    That is disgusting customer service, looks to me like an old bodged manifold ,puffed over with no more than rattle can wheel silver.
    agree with the above !

World Champion Decade Plus User alladdin's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Langlia View Post
    Paid £167 + £75 Shipping to Canada for what was advertised as a very good original Mk2 Cortina exhaust manifold which I was told had not been welded on and was coated in a high temperature paint.

My original manifold has stress cracks and brazing repairs which makes it next to impossible to get a good weld on it. I was looking for something I can bolt on and go with no extra work, especially for the price.

Nick assured me to the quality as I voiced my concerns about not wanting to end up with a low quality manifold. Shipping time was decent, got it in a week and a bit. Upon unboxing my eye was drawn to the repairs on one of the collectors.

I emailed Nick back to voice my disappointment since I was told I was getting a manifold which had not been welded on, and also with the paint flaking off due to rust underneath it will need to be recoated. Reply taken from my email in response

"These manifolds were welded like that.... I've seen loads of NEW ones that weren't much better.

I am guessing that this was painted some time ago... but my friend who I got it from said it was hi temp paint.

Probably could do with another coat."

I then followed up with this picture asking if he thinks this is a factory weld.

Reply was.. "

I didn't really notice that and it does look like a repair.... albeit on the underside.

It is the best manifold I have seen for a while and most repairs I have seen have been further down near the front pipe"

So either things are not checked to be as advertised before they are packaged and sent off, or they are seen and sent off in condition not as advertised. Especially with a repair that is the most visible thing on the manifold and when you're packaging it, how could you miss it.

Will not be a returning customer, if you're going to order used parts, would recommend getting photos beforehand.
    did you use paypal ? or credit card ?

Racer Decade Plus User rallyrob's Avatar

Thanks

Even if you didn't use paypal you should get a refund on the distance selling regulations.
    Looks shite to me...

Bodger

Thanks

I would have paid via the website with my Mastercard, I'm unsure of the selling regulations since I'm in Canada. Not sure what recourse I have? I did not reply after the last email because I thought it pointless. Should I be requesting a partial refund through the seller or should I be going to my credit card company?

Obviously the goods dont match the description.. just because you've seen worse doesnt justify the quality of the manifold.

Thanks for any help.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Turbosport Subscriber
    Turbosport Moderator
    Turbosport Administrator
    My Race Car
    My 1st Project
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 2,250 Posts

i would start with the credit card company

Racer Decade Plus User wildo105e's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

TBH i have never used them even though they are not that far from me they seemed over priced and when i have spoken to them he seemed a bit arrogant but that's just my opinion.

for that price i would expect NOS not repaired, thats never come made new like that surely

To the point in question i would get on to my credit card as mentioned as there should be protection.
    Last edited by wildo105e; 30-11-2019 at 14:13.

Racer Decade Plus User

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    i would start with the credit card company
    We may have the Section 75 C/Card protection in the UK but Canadia or US buyers may not have similar protections unfortunately! If the seller agrees to refund they may ask for the goods back at your cost - possibly more than they charged you, or you just go straight to a County Court Small Claim - which could be done online so many be possible from another country?

Bodger

Thanks

Called my CC company. They have informed me of the steps needed to be taken. I have to send the item back which I have informed Newford Auto Parts about. Needs to be shipped with a tracking # , if I'm refused a refund then it can be disputed. Easiest alley for Newford is to refund the full value and shipping charges. Will need to wait approx 15 days before the CC Company will take any action.

Need to send back on my own dime, ever where else in the world except Europe you can request a return label.

Bodger

Thanks

Cost of Approx £60 to send back.

Informed Newford I would be shipping the manifold back. Two days later I received an email that he will be out of the country until the 15th of December.

Mailed the package off to arrive when he got back, it was received on the 18th of December. Was told then I would receive my refund first week of January.

Emailed first week of January, on a Thursday I believe as I still had no received my refund and was hoping it would be before Friday.

At this point I was told that since it was returned late December the refund wouldn't be processed until the end of January.

I replied back that I wished for him to honour the original time frame he had set for a refund and if not I would talk to my credit card company. Did not hear back anything, talked to credit card company on the 6th.

Finally was refunded on the 8th of January.

Will not be a repeat customer.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Langlia For This Useful Post:

Racer Decade Plus User rallyrob's Avatar

Thanks

Glad you got your money back.

+ Reply to Thread