+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ford Sierra Sapphire Cosworth - £6500 - Dorset

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Ford Sierra Sapphire Cosworth - £6500 - Dorset

MOT: 21/08 (No advisories)
    Tax: -
    Mileage: 90~K

Here for sale is my Sapph in Flint Grey. It's got a 'stage 3' engine and has the following spec;
    Dark Green/803 Injectors
    3-Bar MAP Sensor
    T3 Turbo
    Full Large Stainless Steel Exhaust
    Group A Coil
    Group A HT Leads
    Large POD Filter
    Uprated Fuel Pressure Regulator
    Uprated Fuel Pump Wiring
    Bailey Dump Valve
    Full Samco Hose Set
    Massive RS500 Intercooler
    Manual Boost Controller (Bleed Valve)
    Cosworth Bonnet Raisers

Fully Poly-Bushed
    Undersealed
    Uprated Front and Rear Roll Bars
    Uprated Shocks and Lowering Springs
    Drilled and Grooved Discs with EBC Yellow-stuff Pads
    Front and Rear Strut Braces

Pillar Gauges Featuring Boost and Oil Pressure (Oil Not Currently Connected)
    Active Tracker
    Clifford Alarm With Remote Fob
    Fuel Pump Immobiliser
    Ignition Immobiliser

It has part (almost full) service history. The engine is currently running around 350hp depending on boost which can be altered with the bleed valve (but please don't touch it or the actuator if you don't know what you're doing!) I would recommend a new -31 actuator if you want more power but I can assure you it's not slow and it's surprisingly good on fuel for what it is (better than my old RS1600i + XR3). The actuator fitted is a bit old but it does work fine.

The only problems are a slightly noisy gearbox as is usually the case with these Cossie's. All gears whine slightly but 4th gear is fine however. The clutch release bearing also ticks a bit but it's nothing to worry about and it drives faultlessly. These minor issues don't affect anything and it isn't bad, weirdly I even kind of like the noise :/ Otherwise the car runs quietly and the exhaust sounds very deep but after around 3,000rpm the turbo takes over the exhaust note and it sounds fantastic, the spool and dump valve noises make it sound very manly! There's no knocks or bangs and it's extremely comfortable and reliable I'd happily drive it anywhere.

I haven't found any rust worth worrying about. It has the more sought-after leather interior. The sunroof doesn't leak and works fine. I'd recommend replacing the cambelt just before 100K which is an easy job on these YB engines. The engine bay has a lot of valuable chrome goodies and the bonnet is on genuine Cosworth raised hinges. I have genuinely just serviced it in full including gearbox and diff oil. It has what I think are 17" 2006 Fiesta ST wheels fitted with spacers. They look good but one has been curbed by a previous owner. All the tyres have good tread and locking wheel nuts are fitted. It doesn't seem to use any oil or water and it doesn't emit any excess smoke. The boot is currently stripped out but I have all of the trim including an original spare wheel which I think is new and some other interior parts. that I have removed. It has a decent head unit fitted with good speakers, the head unit has every type of connectivity including USB. I have a spare key and a few folders worth of history and information about the car. It has pressed plates fitted but I have the originals along with a few other spare parts. I even have an almost brand new .70 Garrett T4 turbo which was recently bought for over £1000. It's capable of at least 500hp and ready to fit. This is available as part of a deal or separately.

The only P/Xs I might be interested in are kit cars, ridiculously fast Hondas (not vile EP Civics!) and other quick classics but if you have anything else interesting, try me.

079710189198 - Contact at any hour. If I don't answer I'll get back to you.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Re: Ford Sierra Sapphire Cosworth - £6500 - Dorset

*o7971089198

Racer Decade Plus User rallyrob's Avatar

Thanks

Stupid boy Pike.. Sorry that's a reference to myself...
    Last edited by rallyrob; 13-05-2014 at 23:01.

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Bump

+ Reply to Thread